I know we have lots of native people on here but...

My father was 1/4 Ojibwe Indian. That makes me 1/8? My dad had a very "indian" nose. I have a few Native American features, but I am a mix as well.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My Great Grandmother was full Creek Indian from right where I live now.
smile.png
I have.....oh, what is it called...shovel teeth or something? I had no clue until recently that not everyone had teeth that curve like mine. Funny, I guess I just never held anyone down and checked the inside of their teeth.
smile.png

OMG! I have shovel teeth!

I guess like most others with pioneer roots my family has been cross-bred with American Indians.

My grandfather who was born around 1900 said we were part indian but there is no proof and no mention of what kind. Too bad they can't trace paternal genes.

But, wow, learned something new about myself today...!

My 5 greats Granmother was from what used to be the Pecos indians of NM. Apparently they mixed with the Hemez people and the Pecos tribe no longer exists
sad.png
. Oh well. Im just proud to be part Native American
wee.gif

Quote:
Shovel teeth are flat on the front but if you look at theback (inside) of the tooth (only the front 4 top and bottom) it curves like a spoon or a shovel. European teeth are flat on the back and don't have the curve.

Quote:
Shovel teeth are flat on the front but if you look at theback (inside) of the tooth (only the front 4 top and bottom) it curves like a spoon or a shovel. European teeth are flat on the back and don't have the curve.

^ What she said, and I would like to add....that there is also a ridge along the top at the gumline. My ridges are so big that they rest on my tongue when my mouth is closed and leave an indention.

Pam

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom