I let them out this morning and they wandered off

astronomer

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 7, 2014
Apparently they know where they're going.

Wasn't easy. Usually they get bored and wander back, but this morning, they were having none of it
0.jpg

I may have incorrectly assumed that the pond was near your property but not on it. Is it very far from your house? Now that they know it's there, I think you're going to be hard-pressed to keep them out of that clear, beautiful pond unless you fence at least part of your yard. If it's on an adjacent property, I wouldn't worry too much about it if they were our ducks and the property owner was okay with it. Ducks that are well cared for tend to know where their next meal is coming from and will return to their home when they finish swimming and foraging.

I loved the first video. Can't get the second one to play.

Oh, ya, we have a 3 acre pond just behind us.

Our backyard butts up to the dam. It's full of fish and turtles. It's a community pond that the neighborhood owns, and we all love ducks. Our neighborhood flock had dwindled to 4 ducks (3 cayugas and a peking that you can see off in the distance in the first pic there). We're repopulating.

Not sure why the second video isn't playing. It's listed as public on my youtube channel.

The video is just a stupid YouTube thing. I'll probably be able to play it later without any problems.

My husband and I are hoping to move sometime next spring to a place with a natural pond for our ducks. We live in beautiful SE PA. Any interest in trading houses?
droolin.gif

I wouldn't trade this neighborhood or house for the world, but if you want to move to Georgia, there are a few for sale around here. :)

Back
Top Bottom