I locked myself IN!

JanetR

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 12, 2011
Long Island NY
I was so proud of myself.. When I first put in the run door it was sticking on the bottom and rubbing by the latch. So the other day I took it down, trimmed the bottom and moved the latch, put it back up and viola! Smooth as silk.
91507_run_door.jpg

This morning when I went in to change the girls' water I absentmindedly pulled on the door behind me and... click! Smooth as silk!
barnie.gif
And of course I was in flip flops and the girls went after my painted toenails like they were the breakfast buffet! Luckily I found a flimsy twig and slooooooowly nudged the latch up. That's why I'm here to warn you- Have an escape plan!
lol.png

Ha,Ha,
lol.png
I don't know if there's any one of us that hasn't done that at one time. I had to crawl out the chicken door once, now I have locks that can't lock me in.

Oops.
lau.gif

I'd keep something inside the coop permanently, so that you can get yourself out when needed. Luckily, I have a normal door to get in and out the coop. I can never get locked in.

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
I can laugh because I have done it many times. In the runs and in the coops. 1 time I had to crawl out the coop door into the run and escape. I was so mad. My DH put a string through all doors now so all I have to do is pull it. Welcome to the world of madness.

Oh boy, do I know that feeling of sudden panic!. All of our houses have pulley ropes to open outside except for the chick run. I had to crawl inside the 3' high run, shut the door without thinking, freaked and thank goodness I found a strip of hardware mesh near the top I was able to break off and jimmy the lock.

lau.gif
Been there, done that! Wondered how long it would be before the family started missing me....
lol.png
It's a good thing I can yell like a drill sargent.
wink.png

That would have been so funny to see! In our coop I'd never be able to find a stick. I'd have to wait until someone came looking for me. LOL

Back
Top Bottom