I locked them down tonight!

My eggs i have in incubator came from a variety of hens Golden Lace Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red, Plymouth Rock, Golden Comet, Black Jersey Giant, Ameraucana. The Rooster was a Black Copper Maran. Does anyone know what could come out of this mix?

If they have pipped u can listen, and u should hear them peeping, they might be taking a rest tho as if is very tiring :)

Do u start counting the day you out in incubator or day after? I had one hatch and I just lick down last night. I have four otherss doing nothing. Should I be concerned or just that they at going to take all 21 days to start? Just concerned as I know this one can only go 3 days without food or water

these 3 hatched this morning.

I had one hatch yesterday about these time and there are three more today in process. Can I take the one from yesterday out tonight as he is running all over the place LOL

My eggs i have in incubator came from a variety of hens Golden Lace Wyandotte, Rhode Island Red, Plymouth Rock, Golden Comet, Black Jersey Giant, Ameraucana. The Rooster was a Black Copper Maran. Does anyone know what could come out of this mix?

You could mark or tag the chick that came out from the Americauna egg. Americauna hen + BCM Rooster= Olive Egger chick.
This should be a blackish chick that will mostly resembled the BCM, but may have face fluff and a pea comb, and differently colored legs than BCM.

Other than that, I use RIR crossed to BCM to test our BCM roosters for Wheaten gene. I'm not aware of any other known cross mixes from this grouping although someone else may know more. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom