I lost my 1 year old giant baby Pekin last night to a predator and need some help/advice!

Thank you so much for this response. It was so sweet and kind-hearted it brought tears to my eyes. I have reached out to a woman about an hour away who has three Indian Runners for sale that are 2 years old. She wants them to all come together so I have teamed up with my landlady to take them all and let him have his pick of the three : ) IF she contacts me back and it works out that is what we are striving for a at least. Thanks again!

Because I have seen so much loss, I need to ask again - you have made sure that the ducks' areas are secure, right? Predators return. I don't want to upset you, just help you remain aware of the importance of security.

My landlady is working on the enclosure this week and we are installing and solidifying it this weekend when I'm not working. My guy hasn't been left outside alone since. Thanks for checking in though, because safety and security will now be first priority for sure. I used to pen them every night which is a very secure house, but became lax when they didn't like it and the weather got nice. Bad Mom! NOT AGAIN : )

Back
Top Bottom