1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I Love Fall, who else does

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by oldhenlikesdogs, Sep 25, 2015.

1. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    As my title says I love fall, the cool temperatures, the overcast sky's, the wind blowing, I love the seasonal harvest, pumpkins, and apples, and cranberries. I love the changing leaves, the crunch of the fallen ones.

I can't think of a bad thing to say about fall, so please share with me your photos, your favorite past times, mine is sitting on a bench with a cup of coffee watching my poultry, your customs, your Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations, your fully molted and regrown poultry, and anything else you can think of.

I will get us started, of course my photos aren't from this year, but hopefully you enjoy them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Fall is my favorite time of year too! I love cool but not cold temperatures, and the breeze too.

Your pictures are gorgeous, I love the turkey. Do you know there is a turkey color called Fall Fire? I really want one of those. [​IMG]

3. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thank you, I do know about the fall fire, I regularly look at porters website, all my turkeys are from him, eventually I'll get around to getting some, so many varieties.

[​IMG]

Here's a homemade mix.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on fall as my favorite season of the year. Here are a couple of fall photos from Montana near our farm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    I love Fall, too! It's one of my favorite seasons. I just hate what comes after it!

The trees are just starting to turn here and we've had some cool night. The problem is that it's been so dry, leaves are falling without really changing colors. I think Tuesday we are supposed to get some rain. I think that will probably be a good thing!

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Spring and fall are my favorite seasons. I am in SC where the summers are brutal, weeks at a time of 100 degrees are hard on man and beast.

7. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Lovely turkey! I like its dark leg color.

Beautiful pictures! It must be amazing where you live. [​IMG]

8. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Michael, you must live in heaven, I don't think I have ever seen anything so beautiful. I must visit Montana in the fall, but I'm afraid I would never leave.

9. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Not quite heaven, but it is certainly beautiful here. :eek:)

10. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    It is beautiful here. It is one of many reasons why we moved to this area. :eek:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by