I love my baby chick but........HELP

One spring I had just two chicks, and one was killed by my cat. The other one peeped so miserably that night, I thought I was going to go loony! She was happy as long as I was holding her, but trying to get anything done while holding a chick isn't easy! I ended up wearing an old hooded sweatshirt backwards, and I put the chick in the hood so she could see me. She loved it, and that's the point when my husband really thought I had gone 'round the bend!
Happily, my feed store had some babies that noone had picked up, so I was able to get her some new friends the next day.

chickiemom, Actually it would be ok to place the peep in the dinig room if that works for you. Being around all the household noises is good for them to get use to. To this day my older birds love free ranging close to the garage where they can hear the radio playing.

bigzio

I was wondering if she would like a little radio playing. That's what we had to do with our new puppy last month when it was real cold and he had to stay by himself. He had al kinds of "amenities"!

Back
Top Bottom