I made butter!

hazelton farms

Songster
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
NC
Ok.. Just had to tell SOMEONE! Part of our new year! Get goats, milk them, have too much milk, make cheese, still have too much milk, clean off cream, let milk clabber to feed to chickens, make butter from cream! Scream to the world that you made butter! Oh happy day! What will I do when the cow comes into her milk?!?! YIPPEE!!

CHECK!

Stacy

Bread machine is halfway through it's cycle now!! YUMMY!!!
smile.png

Thanks for sharing my joy!!

Stacy

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. My hubby purchased a churn for me in preparation of our butter making - but we still are waiting on the goats to arrive!
lol.png
Thank you for sharing your excitement!

LOL! Don't think it'd be butter by the time it got there! Come for a visit! LOL!!

Hehe, I can see my husband's face now. "You're going where to eat butter and see chickens?" He'd probably call the guys with the white coats.​

Quote:
I put my cream in a quart jar and shook the HECK out of it, drained. Then added a touch of salt.

Well, we have peafowl and cows to look at too... will that get him to forgive you for wanting to visit? LOL!!

Stacy

Oh I'm so jealous!!!...I was to get fresh cows milk to make butter and cottage cheese this summer and fall, went out and got a very nice butter churn and was so prepared!!...The cows milk deal fell through ....
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom