I may have to break down and go to the doctor.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebecca100, Jan 26, 2009.

1. rebecca100

rebecca100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    I have been sick now for almost 3 weeks with what I think is bronchitis. My husband had to stop on the side of the road because i started coughing so hard I threw up. I feel horrid. Before I didn't really feel sick other than coughing. Now I am running a fever with chills. I felt bad because I don't feel good and have been grumpy with the kids. I called around the cheapest place is $85 since I don't have ins. but the said they may reduce it if I bring in a tax paper. It will definately put a strain on our budget if they don't. I want to wait, but I don't want to end up in the hospital with pneumonia. When I go outside in the cold and come back in I lose my breath coughing. My dh was sick too, but he got his after me and is over it already. None of the kids have been sick. I know I sound whiney, I cry when I don't feel good, too! Thanks for letting me whine.
    P.S. I haven't been to a doctor other than an ob. in nearly 10 years!

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG]

I understand.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

me,
    g

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    You need to go to the doctor.... NOW! Please don't wait any longer. You are playing with your life....can't put a price on that. It's been going on too long....you need something to help you get over it...NOW!

4. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    If you go to the ER and let them know you don't have a 'regular family doctor', they will treat you and send you a bill. Then you can pay them $10 a month for the rest of your life.

Sarah

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    [​IMG] I'm having a bad day too. You may have pneumonia all ready. DH was sick for 2 weeks, I kept telling him he had pneumonia and go to his doctor. But NOOO, he said he didn't have it. He finally went when he was too out of breath to mt. bike. Guess what he had? Pneumonia. Took 2 rounds of antibiotics, 2 types of inhalers and something else, can't remember, before he was over it.

6. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Quote:I use nothing but homeopathic remedies for my family and pets. I looked up your symptoms, and came up with "Ipecac". Read this, see if hits the nail on the head, and if so, go to the nearest herb shop, Whole Foods, or other health food store, and get you some (call first, to make sure they have it)
    Symptoms: -deep, wet cough with coarse, loud, rattling sound and much mucus in the chest.
    -Sensation of choking and suffocation, with trouble catching the breath.
    -Illness began rapidly (over 1 or 2 days)
    -Spasms of nearly incessant coughing, ending in severe retching, gagging, or vomiting.
    -Phlegm coughed up with difficulty
    -Cough worse in warm rooms
    -Person fells as though she wants something, but doesn't really know what it is; rejecting things she has asked for.
    -stuffy nose and sneezing, nosebleeds possible.
    A homeopathic remedy will cost you around $8 for a little vial of pellets (beats the heck out of paying for your DR's fees, and is more effective, too:))

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  7. rebecca100

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    Thanks, I just called and made an appt. If I'm better by then I'll just cancel it. They told me that if I qualify it would be half price and if I'm destitute it will be $15, I don't think I will qualify for that though. I really hope it's not pneumonia. That's what I'm scared of. Usually i get over things pretty quickly. This just won't go away.

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ipecac induces vomiting.

9. rebecca100

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    That sounds like it. I may try that before I go. My appt. isn't for a few days anyway, due to the bad weather coming in.

10. andorraclaim

andorraclaim Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2008
    East Austin, Texas
    There is a huge national breakout of cedar...I thought it was my tonsils and bronchitis but it turns out I'm allergic. Check your allergies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by