I messed up, BAD UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tn-dreamer, Mar 19, 2009.

1. tn-dreamer

tn-dreamer New Egg

Mar 19, 2009
    Yesterday was the 21st day for my eggs and they haven`t done anything. I had two different temp thermometers both within a degree of each other (you know, the cheap ones that come with the incubators), so I thought, great. Well today my DH gave me a temp probe (very accurate) and the temp all this time has only been 97 degrees! Please tell me there`s still hope, maybe a later hatch? I just want to kick myself :-(

There were two pipped this morning and right now I have two, yes, TWO hatched!!! Now the one`s that were pipped this morning are still in the shell but boy am I hopeful now :)

Thanks to all for your encouragement, I truly appreciate it!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    give it a few days (2-4) developement has been slowed down but should still be ok... id say after day 25 then maybe start to worry, but go ahead and adjust the temperature...
    also, [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  3. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I agree with 98 gt. They will be delayed a bit, but don't give up hope completely! [​IMG] [​IMG] They still have a chance. Just from now on, adjust the temp. with that probe. [​IMG]
    Good luck! [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I wouldn't give up yet. They still might hatch. They just might take an extra day or two. What is your humidity at? Good luck and [​IMG]

5. tn-dreamer

tn-dreamer New Egg

Mar 19, 2009
    Really??? You don`t know how happy I am to hear that, I thought all was lost. You mean that I can adjust the temp to 101 now? (still air) That won`t hurt at this stage? I feel like such a bad mommy.

6. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

probably just be a late hatch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by