I messed up

J99

Songster
Jul 25, 2019
Kentucky
My Coop
My Coop
I got chicken fever and collected a awesome diverse flock, they are not sexually mature yet and now I’m thinking , I won’t keep these breeds alive or thoroughbreds because I have one silver laced wyondotte rooster with polish and orpingtons easter egger spitshauben etc
I can’t go get a rooster of each kind so now I’m doomed to have weird ass mix breeds

I got chicken fever and collected a awesome diverse flock, they are not sexually mature yet and now I’m thinking , I won’t keep these breeds alive or thoroughbreds because I have one silver laced wyondotte rooster with polish and orpingtons easter egger spitshauben etc
I can’t go get a rooster of each kind so now I’m doomed to have weird ass mix breeds
What fun! :ya

Mix breeds are awesome! You could do like I do most the time and just buy pullet chicks or grown hens of the breeds you like to grow your flock and not breed them yourself. I've got too many breeds to keep them all separate with with a rooster of each breed. My favorite chickens have been mutts! I love it when all my girls (and guys) look different so I can easily tell them apart!

I had that problem after a dog invasion 13 months ago. They either killed all my females or my one rooster for every breed except my Dorkings, and to make matters worse My Dorkings weren't easy to breed. I just started using my Incubator too and alls I could hatch were Red and Black Sex links and Olive Eggers and meat birds by crossing my Red Rangers to Heritage Roosters which turned out to be a project I am still working on today. The best Meat birds I ever eat were once I made from Crossing my Red Rangers.

Back
Top Bottom