I might as well vent to. Worst year of my life!!!!!

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
Well This was the worst year of my life. We adopted a few dogs from NC. I lost my dog cujo he was a purebred pitbull. My brother lost petey his pitbull mix. We lost a pitbull/mastiff mix. we lost a german shephard mix. I lost my favorite white silkie hen and my 2 cats. my mom lost her roo and cat. we lost 2 98 week old heeler puppies and a chow mix and lizette our first adopted dog passed away as well. I am praying to have no more animak deaths. yesterday was grandpa's 10th anniversary since he passed it was in the paper yesterday. I also had my ex g/f leave me a week before our 7 year anniversary. last but not least I had my saltwater fish tank leak and lost over $300 worth of fish. Hopefully next year things will change? I am getting rid of my silkies and going for buff orps beause 6 roo's and one hen is very un-balanced. I bought 12+ hatching eggs from sandspoultry and she put 15 in the box. My hygrometer is very messed up. I filled the incubator with water and its reading 44% humidity. I am letting most of the humidity out to bring it down to 31% which might mean 50% in the incubator. I dont have the money for a new hydrometer since with all the vet bills this year totalled up to $10,000.

DA** ! And I thought my year was ending on a bad note! My prayers are with you as you begin another year. Maybe we both will have a better year in 2008.

well keep your chin up. i am not trying to one up you on the tale of woe but the wife and i had a tough year with the loss of life. we lost 14 friends and family members this year. this included both my mother in law and father in law. add to this our family dog and cat of 20 years and we were burying somebody or something about every three weeks. i was at the funeral home again last night because a good friends brother died. since i didn't really know stanley he ain't part of my tally.

we are hoping that this run of deaths doesn't continue into 2008 but if it does we will deal with it. us folks of faith can at least find comfort in the fact that to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ. i would like to go at least a month without having to attend a funeral though.
michael

Wow!
th.gif

Sorry to hear all that you've gone through. I hope this following year is a much better one for you.
hmm.png

I had a few things go wrong this year but I also had many things go right...there is hope.
frow.gif

I know this is easier said than done...but, try to focus on the good stuff that's happened. Who knows...maybe that which you think to be *bad* is a blessing in disguise?
cool.png

Time will tell...and time will heal.

Peace-

Pedro

Last edited:
Yeah they passed away. I really miss them all to because people say how pits are mean. They where true angels.

michaelvcrowder: I am so sorry about your year as well. I hope all goes well next year

Quote:
I know what you mean by this. I have a pit bull mix and she's the sweetest thing ever. I can't imagine my life without her.
sad.png

I, too, wonder why so many critters died? Old age or illness? Or combo of both?

Peace-

Pedro

lizette- pitbull mix as well was found in the woods by my ex in NC. She paseed due to dehydration and low blood cells. We only had her for a week. the rest passed away of parvo which you cant cure. You can only keep them dehydrated until it passes through. petey had parvo and survived but the damage was done already and he passed after 2 weeks of fighting it. the rest gave up and never made it. my moms roo passed away of unknow causes and my white silkie hen was killed by my brothers dog. My 1 cat died of unknown causes. The other at I had was found in a dumpster by my mom. She was declawed and spayed but she passed of old age. My moms cat also died of uknown causes. My saltwater tank lost so uch salt and the temp was so high in the shallow water that nothing made it through the night.

Back
Top Bottom