I *might* be picking up a chicken from the Humane Society! added a pic

Hope it works out for you. I "rescued" 50 hens last August, they where battery hens, which the British Hen Welfare trust rescues from the cages, they pay the farmer a donation for the hens (which usually go to slaughter for animal foods at 72 weeks old!) you pay a donation of £1.00 to the rescue centre. So I would think that $35 for your hen is daylight robbery. But I hope you get her in the end.

She's mine now. It wasn't so much a run-around, but more of a "wow, this never happens, we have no idea what the procedure is!" I kept getting a "you're here to adopt the chicken? " response. He had been found running around downtown, no one but myself had called about her or had come to check on her. She's lovely. She even had been laying eggs the whole time she was there. About one every other day. She's not laid one for us yet, but we figure she's a little stressed out. I have been closely monitoring her food and water intake. She doesn't mind being held or to be on my son's lap. She coos...for lack of a better word to describe it...alot. The chickens we have already can hear her and reply back across the yard to her. I took a pic of her and will post in a bit. I am really excited. And the humane society charged me 5 bucks for her. Not bad. Checked her over there in their coop. the lady asked what I was looking for (leg mites, lice, vent, eyes, nostrils, etc etc.) I explained and felt pretty confident that i am adopting a pretty healthy girl. (THANKS BYC!!)

woot.gif
yaa way to go.. $5 not bad...
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom