I might get a TARANTULA ! ( Tarantula thread !)

Do you love arachnids ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Not mine! I don't have any pet arachnids but here are some photos of other peoples' pets:

View attachment 2276515
View attachment 2276514

This is how we typically come across them, just walking around:

View attachment 2276519

It can be a little disconcerting at first but you get used to them very quickly, they are not aggressive and not interested in people at all. They just slowly walk around, looking for food and mates.

When I was riding horses, I went to the stable first thing in the morning and opened up the barn door and there was a blond tarantula (like the one below) waiting RIGHT THERE at the door. "I've been trapped in here all night! Where have you been?" I just stepped around him and he made his way out.

View attachment 2276525
Wow 😮 😍 I loooooove the first and last ! Blondes are awesome looking but my absolute favorite is the MEXICAN FIRE LEG !! ( The top , but that's just me guessing , I'm not at all sure about it , just what it looks like !😉)

They have personalities which is pretty funny. Tarantulas aren’t big web layers, but mine would always lay webs around her water. she must have known that the water dish would attract prey. we used to use a zip tie to give her exercise, tap on the webs and make her chase the zip tie around the aquarium. i guess just like any living thing they’re all unique!

Wait @Vickichics you've killed a tarantula ? 🤔 Hmmm you for real ?
No,
Wait @Vickichics you've killed a tarantula ? 🤔 Hmmm you for real ?
No! I've never seen one in the wild. I've only seen pet ones. From a distance or in a pet store. That's not a pet for me. But, if I was in the wild like on (naked & afraid) and one scared me, my immediate reaction would be to kill it. Just like anything that would jump at me, I'd kill it.
I don't/can't do spiders. Sorry, I have to draw the line with spiders.
They give me shivers just talking about them. Nope, not me. No pet Tarantulas for me.
I changed my vote because I wouldn't love to kill anything. But, if one jumped at me, I'd scream, freak out and kill it.
I've had snakes and bearded dragons, mice ect. BUT...NO SPIDERS!!!!

Last edited:
No,

No! I've never seen one in the wild. I've only seen pet ones. From a distance or in a pet store. That's not a pet for me. But, if I was in the wild like on (naked & afraid) and one scared me, my immediate reaction would be to kill it. Just like anything that would jump at me, I'd kill it.
I don't/can't do spiders. Sorry, I have to draw the line with spiders.
They give me shivers just talking about them. Nope, not me. No pet Tarantulas for me.
I changed my vote because I wouldn't love to kill anything. But, if one jumped at me, I'd scream, freak out and kill it.
I've had snakes and bearded dragons, mice ect. BUT...NO SPIDERS!!!!
Ok that's fine 🙂 maybe this thread can help you get over your fear ? Or Maybe not , my mom is scared of snakes and spiders and she let me and my brothers get a ball python !

(She still hated him 😂😆)

So my mom said she wouldn't get me a tarantula, but.............................. We just so happen to be freinds with this family that had a ARKANSAS CHOCOLATE TARANTULA , and..............................my birthday was two days ago so................I GOT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh I'm so excited !!!!!!!!😜🤩🙃🙂😀😃😄😁😆😂🤣 Here's some pics
IMG_20200824_115446.jpg

this is her/his first home that they brought him/her over in .
IMG_20200825_231255.jpg
IMG_20200825_231250.jpg
IMG_20200825_231310.jpg

this is it's new home 🏡

P.S.
Please do name requests !

P.P.S
i think it's a girl as males are sopposed to be tiny !

So my mom said she wouldn't get me a tarantula, but.............................. We just so happen to be freinds with this family that had a ARKANSAS CHOCOLATE TARANTULA , and..............................my birthday was two days ago so................I GOT ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh I'm so excited !!!!!!!!😜🤩🙃🙂😀😃😄😁😆😂🤣 Here's some pics View attachment 2306467
this is her/his first home that they brought him/her over in . View attachment 2306468View attachment 2306470View attachment 2306471
this is it's new home 🏡

P.S.
Please do name requests !

P.P.S
i think it's a girl as males are sopposed to be tiny !
Oh wow it’s such a beautiful tarantula!! Ahhhhhh it’s soooooooo CUTEEEEEE!!!

Back
Top Bottom