I might have to put them down!!!

No change in the one. He still wont eat or drink, cant get up of it's side, breathing funny, and still can barely keep it's eyes open. I'm not sure what else I can do for him. Maybe might start him on asprin water to see if that make a difference and start forcing fluids. Can you do homemade IVs on chickens?

The other one is fine so far. His leg is still pointed inward. I tried to wrap it but made him freak out so I took it off.

I'm so worried and stressed it's driving me nuts. I went and got multivitamins and triple feed for them along with a bag of oyster shells for those who are laying.

So I got him to drink about 5 eye dropers full just now. I had to help him swallow by rubbing downward on his neck. I used multivitamin and electrolyte water and added some aspirin to it. It hit me earlier that I had another bird in a similar situation. Does anyone know of some soft foods that would be good for him and wont get stuck in his throat?

As far as the other bird goes, I think he may have dislocated it but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately he did not make it. Poor little guy. I'm glad he's not suffering but I still feel horrible:hit

If anyone can take a look and the other bird and see if they know what wrong please do so. I need advice. I can't loose another.
he.gif

Dang!!! I'm so sorry. Can't advise you on the leg except to say that I always break down and take them to the vets. It's expensive but I like to know they're going to get properly diagnosed and treated. That's just me though.

I would as long as we had a decent vet around here. Last time I took a chicken in he had the its only a chicken so put it down kind of attitude.

Back
Top Bottom