I must be nuts(pic overload)UPDATE

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by siz8003, Nov 14, 2009.

1. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Its almost done! This will be my new brooder house (DH wants the birds out of the attic)and food storage.Its 16' by 8' and the bottom row will have runs attached.So what do ya think? Any tips?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

It's going nicely- looking forward to seeing more![​IMG]

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I would put a small window in the back of the coop so you can get ventilation, if you need it.

I am a big believer on giving my chicks and older birds more then enough air. I think they do better when there is air moving, even if it is warm air. I put a fan in the brooder room during the summer, while still running brooder lights during some days.
    I never let my chicks get over 95 degrees in the brooder room and it usually is around 70 when they are about 4-5 wks old.
    It is not very cold down here right now and I have everyone outside in pens during the day. Since the sun is shining and it is about 72. But the windows are open in my brooder room and I have a small fan moving the air through it, though no one is in there. I feel fresh air cures all ailments! Tonight I will close the windows, cut off the fan and only run a 60 wt light. It is supposed to be about 40 tonight and I think that is fine for them.

4. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has 2 vents one on the front and one in the back. we will be putting in 2 more windows on the side.I am almost there LOL

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    looks great!
    cant wait to see the end result! what color are you painting it?

6. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    I think I will do a grey/blue ..the same as my house will be

7. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    nice work! I like the brooders!

8. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    what are the dimensions on the brooder boxes? I need to build one and I really like how yours are looking! Mine will have to be a bit different since it is going into my garage but I'd like to make something somewhat similar!

9. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    I think they are 3 1/2' by 4'

10. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    got some more done and hatched more chicks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]