I musta lost my mind at Tractor Supply.....

My girlfriend and I babysit her 2 year old nephew early in the morning anytime his busy momma asks. She is the busy soccer-mom type that volunteers to coach her sons county league basketball team and had to get a rule book because she didn't have a CLUE. Her daughter played volleyball, basketball and is starting softball for her middle school team and her son just started middle school baseball. So when she asks if we (now childless, mine are grown) will babysit so she can go to breakfast with the girls or just go shopping without the little guy, of course we say YES! According to her he wouldn't eat eggs. But they recently started raising chickens too. Her neighbor moved across the country and didn't want to transport all his birds with him. Parker was so excited! So we would go out in the mornings and collect eggs. Which of course we had to come in and scramble right away! He eats eggs now. Only thing is I was all about it too. Well now I am perusing this website, trying to decide where to collect the Items I might need for the brooder besides the food and water dish while my 6 baby chicks sit in a little box under my lamp in a chair with my heating pad turned on under the box. Gotta get back to my research! LOL

lau.gif
this is a great story. I am in tears reading what you wrote.

Since one of your RIR chicks died, TSC may replace it free of charge. I'd ask.

On the sneaking the chicks into the brooder note - I gave that up a long time ago. My husband looked in the brooder and then told me when I got home from work that a miracle had happened! I asked, "What?" and he told me that one week old chicks had reproduced and increased from 3 to 7! Wow! I shamefacedly admitted that I had bought 3 more at the feedstore the next day and put them in without saying anything. He just smiled and shook his head. He's actually pretty understanding. He helps me with my coop maintenance and is building me a new coop for my new, bigger run for the hens I have now. If everyone survives, I'll have 16 hens by July! 7 are chicks now.

Back
Top Bottom