I Need A Different Way To Ship Besides USPS!! 10/7/UPDATE

Quote:
I was assuming she sent them Express Mail.
smile.png

Correct, I always send the EXPRESS MAIL..most places are guarenteed by 3:00 the next day.. They leave my PO just fine and then get stuck in Jacksonville. Last shipment, they were in Jacksonville for 14 1/2 hours before they were "processed" and this time they were there for 8 1/2 hours and then no track of them........
rant.gif

Just praying the 8 babies are ok......

Last edited:
I thought it was a rule that all live animals had to be sent express? I got some silkies from fattie last week. From MD to KY took them 3 days. Poor babies only had the skins of their tomato left in the box!
sad.png

I was talking about Express mail with the only guarantee now of 3 days. It iused to be that your shipping cost would be refunded if it took beyond the day or 2 days they promised. Now they just need to get lives there in 3 days......

Quote:
No, baby chicks can be sent Priority Mail...

Yes, but they can't be older than 24 hours at ship time, I thought we were talking about older birds?
hu.gif

Only day old chicks can be sent priority.

Just a friendly reminder you should not ship chicks that are older than a day and less than 6-8 weeks. Here are the lives regulations again:

9.3.2 Day-Old Poultry
Day-old poultry vaccinated with Newcastle disease (live virus) is nonmailable. Live day-old chickens, ducks, emus, geese, guinea fowl, partridges, pheasants (pheasants may be mailed only from April through August), quail, and turkeys are acceptable in the mail only if:

a. They are not more than 24 hours old and are presented for mailing in the original unopened hatchery box from the hatchery of origin.

b. The date and hour of hatching is noted on the box by a representative of the hatchery who has personal knowledge thereof. (For COD shipments made by a hatchery for the account of others, the name or initials and address of the hatchery or the Post Office box number and address of the hatchery must be prominently shown for this standard.)

c. The box is properly ventilated, of proper construction and strength to bear safe transmission in the mail, and not stacked more than 10 units high.

d. They are mailed early enough in the week to avoid receipt at the office of address, in case of missed connections, on a Sunday, on a national holiday, or on the afternoon before a Sunday or holiday.

e. They can be delivered to the addressee within 72 hours of the time of hatching, whether the addressee resides in town or on a rural route or highway contract route.

f. The shipment bears special handling postage in addition to regular postage, unless sent at the First-Class Mail or Priority Mail prices.

g. When live, day-old poultry is to be transported by aircraft, all provisions of the airline tariffs are met and air carriers have equipment available to safely deliver shipments within the specified time limits, allowing for delays en route in air and ground transportation.

h. Day-old poultry, originally shipped by air express or air cargo and then presented for mailing, must be in good condition and prepared as specified in 9.3.2a. through 9.3.2e.

i. Boxes of day-old poultry of about identical size, securely fastened together to prevent separation in transit, may be accepted for mailing as a single parcel, if such parcel is not more than 100 inches in length and girth combined.

9.3.4 Adult Fowl
[9-8-09] Disease-free adult fowl may be mailed domestically when shipped under applicable law in accordance with 1.7. Adult chickens, turkeys, guinea fowl, doves, pigeons, pheasants, partridges, and quail as well as ducks, geese, and swans are mailable as follows:

a. The mailer must send adult fowl by Express Mail in secure containers approved by the manager of Mailing Standards (see 608.8.0 for address).

b. The number of birds per parcel must follow the container manufacturer limits and each bird must weigh more than 6 ounces.
c. Indemnity may be paid only for loss, damage, or rifling, and not for death of the birds in transit if there is no visible damage to the mailing container.

d. Postage refunds may not be available if the Express Mail shipment was delivered or delivery was attempted within three days of the date of mailing as shown in the "Date In" box on Label 11.

Another suggestion: Always make sure the recipient knows the number to their distribution center and can call to check if the birds have arrived. Alot of times the birds will arrive 15 minutes after the truck to their post office has left and will sit almost another 24 hours waiting for the next day's delivery. If you call the distribution center, you can pick them up anytime day or night.

Last edited:
if it was express mail which i asume is by ur post and it has on the slip u have and box delivery next day by a certain time and it doesn't arrive at the time stated they(usps) owe a full refund on shipping because it is guaranteed delivery.
wink.png
take ur slip to the office after they come in and let them know day and time they arrived and u will get a refund, if the buyer paid shipping they r due a refund.

i've had pigeons come in from tx same thing and i was refunded from seller for everyone of them. fedex is why it is not scanning they r at hubs and fedex is not scanning them it is only scanning when going through the usps ports. fedex doesn't keep track at all of them they don't have to because they r provideing service to the post office not u. mine did the same thing with every shipment.

when i needed help my post master was rude and ignorant she didn't care if they lived or died said nothing she could do about it and she lied to me about the express delivery times so i wasted many trips and phone calls for nothing i had to call tx and everyone inbetween to track them down. i called 1-800-ask-usps they were not to much help but once i got consumer affairs on them and filed a report conviently my birds all apeared from nowhere once they knew consumer affairs was asking questions and trying to locate the birds.
wink.png

Quote:
d. Postage refunds may not be available if the Express Mail shipment was delivered or delivery was attempted within three days of the date of mailing as shown in the "Date In" box on Label 11.

Back
Top Bottom