I Need A Different Way To Ship Besides USPS!! 10/7/UPDATE

SunshineSilkies

Songster
11 Years
Jan 10, 2009
Florida
I am soooo disgusted the the USPS!! This is the 3rd time in 2 months that a shipment of birds is missing!!! The tracking on the internet isn't worth a flip if they are not being scanned. I have little silkie chicks going from Florida to Ohio. Shipped them on Monday morning with GUARANTEED delivery on Tuesday by 3:00..Didn't get there yesterday or yet this morning~~~~ I put some fruit in with them but this has me really fired up!!! Is there any other way to ship my birds other than the post office??? They give you an 800 number to call to complain....
somad.gif

UPDATE 10/7 Shipped some more birds on Monday the 5th from FL. Guaranteed Tuesday by 3:00 to NH.. Left my PO in the morning. Got to Jacksonville FL at 4:00 pm Birds sat in Jacksonville FL for 14 HOURS before they left for NH!!!!!!!... Did not leave until 6:00 the NEXT morning...were late of course.....2 dead babies out of 8 (These were 8 week olds, good feathered) The last 3 out of 5 times I have shipped, they have been late...what's up with the shipping out of Jacksonville, FL???????????????????
roll.png

Last edited:
Are you including the full nine digit zip code when you ship? Sometimes that can help ensure parcels arrive on time.

I ship thousands of items a year as part of my business and have yet to loose a package in five or six years -- of course I'm not sending living organisms, thus time in transit isn't of paramount concern.

Good luck on finding a solution to your problem, I would be displeased about the situation too.

Last edited:
Unfortunately , I don't know of another way to ship. I understand that FedEx is USPS carrier, but when I was buying & selling herps(reptiles), I shipped through FedEx. They were awesome. You could actually look up on-line and see where they are. And usually I could ship anywhere in the US overnight, and package was there by 10:00 am. Wish we had another carrier, them USPS might straighten up some
wink.png

Hope your birds make the long trip.

Quote:
USPS priority mail has NEVER been guaranteed delivery. We strive to move your shipment as expeditiously as possible for the health of your birds, but transportation from one area to another determines how quickly we can do that. Priority mail is a suggested service standard based on existing transportation, but it does not offer a guaranteed arrival time.

Express Mail is the only guaranteed delivery. Once again, the transportation network determines if we are able to do it in one day or two.

I understand your frustrations, but please visit with your local postal personnel to make sure you understand the services you are paying for.

I guess you should also take into consideration that purchasing the delivery confirmation service through USPS doesn't really mean your package will be tracked. To fulfill the terms of service, USPS is required to scan your D/C# only upon delivery, not necessarily at all points in between.

Quote:
USPS priority mail has NEVER been guaranteed delivery. We strive to move your shipment as expeditiously as possible for the health of your birds, but transportation from one area to another determines how quickly we can do that. Priority mail is a suggested service standard based on existing transportation, but it does not offer a guaranteed arrival time.

Express Mail is the only guaranteed delivery. Once again, the transportation network determines if we are able to do it in one day or two.

I understand your frustrations, but please visit with your local postal personnel to make sure you understand the services you are paying for.

I agree and I think the USPS does a great job. We have a pair our peafowl on the way to us from Texas as I type. The tracking info is being updated. they are coming express

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, September 29, 2009, 11:14 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
Processed through Sort Facility, September 29, 2009, 5:45 pm, WACO, TX 76702
Acceptance, September 29, 2009, 4:17 pm, WACO, TX 76702

Steve in NC

Sunshinesilkies -Shipped them on Monday morning with GUARANTEED delivery on Tuesday by 3:00

I was assuming she sent them Express Mail.
smile.png

THe OP says "UPSPS"...

was it UPS or USPS? Two different animals, so to speak...

EDIT:
Never mind, I see "other than the post office?"

It helps if you read ALL the words I guess....
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom