I need a recipe, leftover spaghetti

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by cluckychick, Jan 20, 2009.

1. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I have a "big" pot of leftover spaghetti and meatballs and I'd like to make like a spaghetti bake or something with it. Does anyone have any good recipes?

Thanks

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Make spaghetti pizza or pie.

Use the noodles as the crust. Layer over the sauce with meatballs and pepperoni. Top with cheese and bake. Slice it like pizza wedges and serve with a green salad and garlic bread.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i just put it in a 9x13 pan then top with whatever cheese i happen to have.

cover with foil, then bake at 375* for about 30-40 minutes (or until warmed through) then remove foil and bake a few minutes to melt the cheese completely and brown just a bit.

nothing fancy, but my family loves it.

4. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Thanks, I have enough leftover to do both [​IMG]

My DH insisted I buy 3lbs of noodles, I told him I don't normally buy that much but I did this time, lol.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:good gravy, that's a lot of pasta! but let's face it, there is never TOO much pasta! [​IMG]

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    My Dad fries leftover spaghetti in a sauce pan with some butter. Sounds weird, but actually tastes better than it did when it wasn't a leftover. [​IMG]

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Throw it in a casserole dish and cover it with whatever cheese you can find like Miss Jayne said. Tastes awesome.

Since I don't do pasta anymore, this is how I take care of extra spaghetti squash [​IMG]

8. SilverM0on

SilverM0on Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Oregon
    Quote:thats funny...
    in quebec spaghetti pizza is quite common but we do it the opposite way
    we take a pizza crust whit spaghetti on it and sauce /meatball etc. and top it whit cheeze

9. Athena

Athena Chillin' With My Peeps

I like MP's version of pizza... good idea!

Pizza Hut has a baked spaghetti casserole... where its like a ziti bake, with chunks of pepperoni. Pepperoni adds alotta zip to plain ole spaghetti bake.

Add pepperoni to either pizza or casserole style, and it will taste completely different.

But, I also do spaghetti with lots of butter, and add some cube of chicken bouillon to it, and serve as a side dish. It is yummy!
    Sometimes, just butter and cheese to plain ole spaghetti...

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:My grandma used to make it this way for us kids for lunch using leftover Pasta, it still remains one of my favorite Man meals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by