I need advice!

first time farmer

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
New Hampshire
So I bought a 1990 dodge ramcharger for 800 $. I estemated(sp) that it needed about 100 maybe 200$ worth of work. Lets just say I may have been wrong. It needs about 900$ worth of parts. It needs right front upper ball joint u joints parking brake cables needs a rear gas line the power steering box is leaking new exhaust the rust is really bad the rear body mounts are rusted all the way through the rear spring shackles are rusted. The body has some bad rust holes in both rocker panels. I can do all the work my self. However I am not sure if its worth it to fix it. Thats where I need advice what do you all think?
20380_img_0750.jpg

If you have the money and time to spare, go for it! You'll have a good work vehicle. Although you'll have a gas guzzler for sure!

I'd sell it again and cut my losses. You could probably find something else out there, but with fall coming, it gets harder and prices go up. It's gettin hard to find any decent trucks or 4x4's for a reasonable price around here and you're probably in the snow belt too, so you know what I mean.
wink.png

Hubby says he'll give you three hundred for it. Just kidding! The photo did catch his eye and wondered why I was looking at it. He says this truck is at the age where it will most likely need constant work, and if you are a mudder, this behemoth will be perfect for the job. But you need to get the work done quickly as the deterioration may surpass your ability to keep this vehicle mud worthy.

Now, Everyone knows mud trucks don't need new parts.

Unless of course, these are "GO FAST" parts.

If it's what you want to do, go for it. Just don't forget the winch...

Back
Top Bottom