I need an answer...ASAP please!!

Still nothing! Ohhh jeesh! This is the hardest part. I was a nervous wreck when I incubated chickens, and said I would never do this again. Well, this time was not planned. It was a have to. Thanks Sara....I too hope I get a little grey one like Momo. She was so sweet. I just wish I knew what happened to her. And the others. They started dissapearing one at a time. No feathers, no sign of a struggle. Wondering if it was a 2 legged thief....I know ONE nabor that would do this, but can not prove it. These babies will be in a locked down pen...sad I cant let them free roam, like thier kin did. I HEAR PEEPING!!!

Hi Deb... I'm excited for ya..I hope they all hatch!
Do you have a Purina dealer in your area? They have Flock Raiser for ducks & geese.. it's in a pellet form but maybe you can wet it down for the babies? I don't know if that would work.
idunno.gif

Good luck, keep us posted.

I do have a Purina dealer...but they dont carry the unmedicated. They have something for laying hens...its a crumble...but very low in calcium. Would this work?

Hi, maybe Terrielacy can give ya some advice try to email her??
Can that Purina dealer order you some unmedicated feed & you feed the babies some of the crumbles like to mentioned??
I'm not much help, not an expert on ducks.
I hope it all works out.
smile.png

What is the name of layer crumbles does you Purina dealer carry? I have such trouble getting my flock to eat pellets.When ya get time let me know.

You have a fox problem. I say this because this is how fox catch most of their fowl, while nesting. Some cats will also. Set a trap and I bet you catch a fox. How are the ducks going to get to the pond if you have them locked down. I know you don't want to lose any more but they have to swim. Bread crumbs will work in a pinch.

As long as the feed only has amprolium it will be fine for ducks. It's a coccidiosis preventative, not really a medication even tho the bag calls it medication. I use Purina Start & Grow for my ducklings.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom