I need chickens! Can we make a trade? Cadillac, MI

kyryah

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 12, 2008
Cadillac, MI
I am looking for some chicks! I would like some of any layer breed, Isa Browns,
Rhodys, and Americaunas (the Americaunas with tails, not the Auracanas which are
rumpless) preferred. Pullets if possible. A single roo (Especially a good
looking Americauna!) and a couple of adult hens already laying, 1 year old or
less will also be considered. They do not all have to be the same breed, I like
color in my flock.

I also have a passion for bantam Cochins - any color. I would take chicks but
also an adult group (one rooster, two normal hens and one frizzle.)

I also really want a white Yokohama rooster, and two Barred Rock hens, OR a
bantam white Phoenix roo, and two bantam Barred hens.

I don't have much to trade, but we may be able to work something out. A few
things are:

2 mile solid state electric fencer
Older saddle, usable but not pretty (started to re-stain but never finished)
Pony tack set, blanket, bridle, and breast collar
I probably have miscellaneous bits, halters etc. laying around
Home-made but sturdy hay feeder for goats
I have a bit of 10 gauge wire... Not sure how much

I may have other things laying around that I am not thinking of, if you need
something, ask and I may just have it!

I am located in Cadillac, MI 49601. If you want to do a trade by shipping, I am sure we can work something out, but the saddle, hay feeder and wire are too large to make it economical.

Kristina

From your title, I thought you wanted to trade chickens for a Cadillac.
tongue.png

I have some roo chicks that I will part with.

Buff/RIR mix 4 weeks old
wydonette 4 weeks old
RIR 7 weeks old
? one i'm not sure about. bought it at the feed store. He is white with green leggs 7 weeks old

All are healthy and fed 24/7 with starter still.

Not interested in trade just pay for the shipping.

Definately interested! Can you figure what shipping would be to 49601?

I really appreciate the offer, I am trying to build a new flock. Despite all precautions, I had a tragedy and lost my birds. A couple of them I am still really broken up about, my bantam cochins were more pets than anything. They all came running to their names and rode around on my shoulders.

I am now living in a different area, and have my coup and pen surrounded by an electrified chicken wire fence.

Kristina

To kyryah

I checked into the sipping and the post office informed me that I have to use special boxes just for shipping chicks. They gave me a number to a local man that does alot of shipping. I called him and he gave me the number to where he gets his boxes and I called them. It will cost 52.00 for a bundle of 25 boxes and they willhave to be shipped to me then there would be the wait then the cost of shipping. So I'm going to say that shipping isn't a good idea for just 4 chicks. It's only 2.08 a box but I owuld have to buy the bundle and the local man said he was out. He only hatches during winter and fall.

Sorry,

That is all right, I completely understand. I would have loved to have had them, but I can wait until something else comes along.

Kristina

Hi, Kristina! I have a beautiful Americana Rooster named Patches you can have for free. He will be a year old in June. He is very healthy and will go on walks with you. I need to find him a home because I am running out of room for him. I like to let him out in the yard, but he chases and scares my 4 year old son. he was part of a feed store batch of pullets I bought last summer. He has been raised very kindly and I separated him when he started wanting to mate with my hens.
I live North of Plainwell, MI , near 131. If you are interested let me know. We can work out some sort of transport.
14698_img_9548_copy.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom