I need duck help

Thelma and Louise 5weeks old you can see Thelma has a flesh colored bill an is much smaller than Louise !

How can I keep my male duck from snipping me to hard ! I don't think he relies how hard he is biting me! He is very friendly to me,but he gets out of hand with his nibbling , it hurts !

You may need to gently press on his back and hold him down for a few minutes to tell him you are in charge. Not hurt him, just keep him still. Or pick him up and carry him.

My two females are 10 weeks old now but my male and female are a year old the male just will not let them there group ! I have them In a pen at night with chicken wire seperating them for two weeks know. I have tarted everything ! Help !!!

It can take a while to integrate a group successfully - short times together with supervision, treats together, it is a trial for patience but it can work. I had to have our drake and two females separated for over a year. I found that not letting myself get upset about the thought of separating them made it pretty easy on me. And when they got back together I was glad.

Springtime can be especially challenging due to their hormone levels.

Thanks ! I'll keep trying . They share a large pond , except when he comes with his head down and scares them off ! Usually I'm there and tell him to back off, and he does ! But quacks at me like a little child having a tamtrum ! It's funny ! But I don't want him to hurt them ! Thanks for the info
1f44d.png
1f603.png

My male duck runs up to me every time he sees me and when I kneel Dow to say hi ! He tries to crawl up on me and latches on my arm! And it really hurts! It will leave a pinch mark on my arm ! I can't get him to stop this ! I have tried everything he just gets out of hand?

My male duck is getting real bad ! I had shorts on and he pinched my legs multiple times , let me tell you it's reall hurts ! I have tried everything to get him to stop, he just won't ! My other female are 10 weeks old now and wants nothing to do with them , I thought maybe it's spring and he is a little aggressive,I don't know ? but my patience with him is wearing thin !!!!

Back
Top Bottom