I need feedback!! Camera People Needed Please!!!!

I also have a Nikon D5000 SLR and i LOVE LOVE LOVE mine also. I had a D80 but the D5000 is much better, and cheaper.
If you do your homework, you can find a PKG deal with a 18-55 and a zoom lens. There is also a D3000, but i do not know how they differ.
Good luck to you, its a very hard decision. I took back several because they were not what they seemed........... before i fell for my nikon
love.gif

Last edited:
Get a digital SLR that is capable of changing lenses and shooting RAW format. You can do much more than you can with even a "good" point and shoot.

Canon and Nikon both make good cameras.

The D3000 and 5000 differ in mega pixels as well as the tilting lcd viewer... When the sales guy was showing me the tilt feature, I was like.. yeah, Im never gonna use that. WRong! I've used it quite a few times. It lets me put my camera down low when Im sitting. (if my son is lying on the floor) or up high to shoot down like when Wyatt had all of his friends over and they were jumping on the bed. I had them all look up with hair flying.. awesome shot!

I did all the research. Im one of those people. It took me 2 weeks to find the best deal on a washing machine
roll.png
The top knotch cameras were Nikon and Cannon. Between the two there is little difference. I have two good friends who are portrait photographers. 1 is a nikon person. The other is a Cannon person. They are both loyal to that brand but agree the other is just as good. They both suggested Nikon to me as its a bit more user friendly for beginners.

I was weighing the D90 (too big but awesome camera), d3000, d60, d5000 and the cannon rebel T1i. All are great choices for that price range. Search around for deals. Samsclub and Costco often runs package deals (bundles) w/the zoom lens. That's the one that will take awesome portrait pics. It's not considered a "portrait lens" but it gets great close ups with that faded background that looks so spectacular

DSC_0341.jpg

Last edited:
Get a Nikon D-40 or D-60 if you don't want to spend a lot, but if you want some outstanding quality for about $1,500, get a D-90.

Go to Photoloon.com for a good package deal on the D-90. Son of Mahonri got one for Christmas.

OK, I'm torn between the Canon t1i and the Nikon d5000. The Canon has a few more pixels, but most of our hunting optics are Nikon and I've been well pleased with them. Somebody help me out.

Okay, So I decided that I wanted to go for a cheaper camera so that I could also buy a new phone (I couldn't help it). Soooo, I bought a Nikon Coolpix touch screen camera. The model is s70. I am going to take some pics and post on here as soon as I get my card. Thanks to all your suggestions and feedback!!!! Oh and by the way...I bought the new sprint "driod" Samsung Moment and I LOVEEEEEE it.

Back
Top Bottom