I need hatching support

Pics
And this is my splayed chick this morning. I'm going to have to cull him. He had no improvement and actually seems worse.:hit

Attachments

• 20190820_084916.jpg
    20190820_084916.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190820_084749.jpg
    20190820_084749.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190820_084857.jpg
    20190820_084857.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 7
That's curled toe and splay leg -- with Vitamin B and some chick shoes, curled toes can be pretty simple to fix. I haven't read the whole thread- has chick been eating and drinking for you?

And this is my splayed chick this morning. I'm going to have to cull him. He had no improvement and actually seems worse.:hit
ed

That's curled toe and splay leg -- with Vitamin B and some chick shoes, curled toes can be pretty simple to fix. I haven't read the whole thread- has chick been eating and drinking for you?

ed
He seems to have been eating and drinking. I've been giving him vitamin water and mash made with said water by a straw as well. I went and got him some chick boost vitamins once I realized we had a problem, and it wasnt just baby legs. I've got him in the brooder loose now. He seems to get his feet under him every now and then, but tips forward like he cant balance, with neck and wings out stretched. The more I watch him, the more I think we may have a neurological issue too unfortunately. The eggs came from an old, not super healthy flock.

ed
The chick vitamins have vit b in them as well. That's why I'm not sure this one will make it. It sucks to set 40, only get 3, and then have to cull one.

My assist seems super tired and like hes having a hard time moving. That kind of thing normal for a chick who struggled to hatch?
They tire easily the first day, it's really hard work getting outta there, if your worried you can put some save a chick in their water, but I prefer to let nature take it's course. I husually have an impatient chick or 2 and have left them in the bator so didn't shrink wrap the others, , humidity will spike once they start pipping then go back to normal. They are fine for 2-3 days in the bator and sometimes motivate the others.

Your doing fine and looks like a good hatch for you

He seems to have been eating and drinking. I've been giving him vitamin water and mash made with said water by a straw as well. I went and got him some chick boost vitamins once I realized we had a problem, and it wasnt just baby legs. I've got him in the brooder loose now. He seems to get his feet under him every now and then, but tips forward like he cant balance, with neck and wings out stretched. The more I watch him, the more I think we may have a neurological issue too unfortunately. The eggs came from an old, not super healthy flock.
make some flip flops for him besides the hobbles, that will straighten him up, sometimes if it's not done right way it will take longer, they don't like them, when I've had one with it, they have done fine without the sling hobbles and if needed chicken flip flops and let em go have yet to have to cull one for either of those you do need to make sure water is not deep though as for first bit they will fall over while they learn to walk normally

make some flip flops for him besides the hobbles, that will straighten him up, sometimes if it's not done right way it will take longer, they don't like them, when I've had one with it, they have done fine without the sling hobbles and if needed chicken flip flops and let em go have yet to have to cull one for either of those you do need to make sure water is not deep though as for first bit they will fall over while they learn to walk normally
I'll go give him some flip flops then. Besides barefoot, those are the only shoes I wear usually, so I've got knowledge there. Lol.

On a more serious note, how long does it take to repair this? Little guy was in hobbles and the chair for 2 days and it looks worse than before. I let him loose in the brooder so he can move a bit, hoping he would learn to use his messed up legs.

I'll go give him some flip flops then. Besides barefoot, those are the only shoes I wear usually, so I've got knowledge there. Lol.

On a more serious note, how long does it take to repair this? Little guy was in hobbles and the chair for 2 days and it looks worse than before. I let him loose in the brooder so he can move a bit, hoping he would learn to use his messed up legs.
Can you take a video of him walking, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then copy and paste the link here?

Back
Top Bottom