I need hatching support

Pics
It looks like you have a staggered hatch. It's never a good thing.
I didnt stagger it. I set all the eggs at the same time 3 weeks ago. I've got a still air incubator, which I'm assuming had a lot of hot/cool spots that caused some to develop fast than others.i think I may put a small desktop fan blowing gently over the top next time to promote circulation

It looks like the chick can be salvaged. Here is a link to a great post on treatment of splayed legs in chicks. It has helped me a lot. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0j_mocO0DS46iqUBatn2YP&cshid=1566140368143
You see English is not my first language. I find it difficult to express myself clearly in English.
Thank you so much!! I just gave him a couple drops of vitamin enhanced water and laid him back down next to the food and water. Thankfully he seems to have a lot of energy, just unstable on his fee . Just made a chick sling too. Now to see how he fits in it

It looks like the chick can be salvaged. Here is a link to a great post on treatment of splayed legs in chicks. It has helped me a lot. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0j_mocO0DS46iqUBatn2YP&cshid=1566140368143
You see English is not my first language. I find it difficult to express myself clearly in English.
Very good idea in that article. I am not sure if I have an rubber band that size here and I am not running back to town just for the people store. I've got some veteran here. I am thinking I will do something very similar, but with vetwrap cut very thinly

I didnt stagger it. I set all the eggs at the same time 3 weeks ago. I've got a still air incubator, which I'm assuming had a lot of hot/cool spots that caused some to develop fast than others.i think I may put a small desktop fan blowing gently over the top next time to promote circulation

Try acquiring breeds like Cornish, wyandottes, Brahmas etc. They will make your job a lot more easy. Or maybe you can get a better incubator.:idunno
My mom loves hatching eggs in incubators and she have a nice little business of hatching eggs in her two sportsman cabinet incubators. She buy eggs to incubate and then she sell the chicks to the farmers. I also sell her eggs from my breeding stock, but I never buy chicks from her. Incubating and brooding chicks are just too much effort for me.

Thank you so much!! I just gave him a couple drops of vitamin enhanced water and laid him back down next to the food and water. Thankfully he seems to have a lot of energy, just unstable on his fee . Just made a chick sling too. Now to see how he fits in it

Hopefully he will be alright. Good luck.:fl

Any new hatch???
Unfortunately the one that was trying to hatch didnt make it. I just had a feel so I pulled it out and checked. No movement or sound. I slowly started pulling away the shell and the little was too big to move around and wasnt positioned right. He wasnt shrinkwrapped tho, so that took a lot of stress off me

Unfortunately the one that was trying to hatch didnt make it. I just had a feel so I pulled it out and checked. No movement or sound. I slowly started pulling away the shell and the little was too big to move around and wasnt positioned right. He wasnt shrinkwrapped tho, so that took a lot of stress off me

That's really disheartening. :(
Hopefully you will have better luck with a new batch of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom