I need hatching support

Pics
yes he will, clumsily at first, but when you change them depending on how it's looking every so often make em not quite as tight together, getting around is what helps build their strength so they can control it better when they've had splayed leg whether from hatch or from injury slipping in incubator or brooder. One thing I do when using the incubator to hatch is put paper towels down under the turner leaving enough room to add water as needed, this also gives you more surface area if your having trouble getting your humidity up high enough at lock down, while protecting them from slipping in the incubator.
No issues getting humidity up. They're in a small room that I have 2 humidifiers going in at lock down, usually only one tho since it jacks the humidity up with just the steam one. Hatch is over and these guys are in the brooder. They're the only 3 that made it from 40 initial eggs

This was wonderful information! Thank you! I might have to wait till my hunny or son get home from work and school. Those sandals look hard to put on one handed.
yep it's always easier with 2 people, but you'll fix the issues and your chicken will be happy, the one I had was so mean to the others when she finally figured out how to move in proper form even clumsily, she was actually the alpha outta the hatch even with her start up problems

yep it's always easier with 2 people, but you'll fix the issues and your chicken will be happy, the one I had was so mean to the others when she finally figured out how to move in proper form even clumsily, she was actually the alpha outta the hatch even with her start up problems
My first little fuzz ball is that way. Always running around pecking the other two, chasing and pecking my hand. It's cute now, but little dude better not keep it up when hes older or he'll be in the slowcooker...

Video on youtube says 95% processed. Hopefully itll come along soon:rolleyes:
no worries, that's about like watching an incubator or a pot of water your trying to boil it takes longer watching it lol. when To bad we aren't in same state i could fire up my big incubator when my hens get done molting, and hatch some out for you

no worries, that's about like watching an incubator or a pot of water your trying to boil it takes longer watching it lol. when To bad we aren't in same state i could fire up my big incubator when my hens get done molting, and hatch some out for you
I think more happens when you watch the pot of water boil than when you watch the incubator...:rolleyes:

That would be really awesome if that was the case! Or we could hatch together too, I'll just have better eggs this time:gig

My first little fuzz ball is that way. Always running around pecking the other two, chasing and pecking my hand. It's cute now, but little dude better not keep it up when hes older or he'll be in the slowcooker...
She settled down when the others let he be the boss, it's something chicks do or even older flocks if the top positions for some reason becomes available

Back
Top Bottom