I need hatching support

It looks more like a valgus deformity, but could be slipped tendon too, though I haven't seen a chick with slipped tendon in both legs. Not saying it's not possible, just saying I haven't seen it.
I was reading it doesnt happen in both legs usually, but I did read about one case where it had happened. Someone else pointed me toward the valgus, but from what I read this usually affected the heavy fast growing broilers. This egg came from a backyard flock of my neighbors. No meat birds like that there

I would try taping the foot flat. Give 1/4 tablet of B-Complex a day for a week.
You can also try hobbling her. It would be a good idea to read through the article posted and scroll on down the article look at her video and see how she has the surface done for the chick (shelf liner). I know you probably put her on that floor for the video, but a slick surface is not good at all, this can worsen her condition. It's very hard to tell if that's splay leg, a deformity, etc. all you can do is try to fix it. Sometimes these things aren't fixable and the chick starts failing to thrive.
https://the-chicken-chick.com/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it/

Oh good, glad I'm not alone:)

I read this article yesterday I think. I've been reading so much I'm not sure I'm remembering everything well, thx for the link back to it:lol:
it comes with practice, until we get as experienced as some of these amazing people on here we end up with information overload and something akin to pregnancy brain, playing momma to the little ones that come outta the incubator lo, if it wasn't for these ladies I would have given up a long time ago, and every time I think I got it all figured otu, my chickens go like you wanna bet.

So, here's his legs, when I just set him down in the brooder again he ran really fast over to his buddies and used both legs like a normal chicken, albeit they are still a little turned outward, he moved quick and well!!

Attachments

• 20190820_105645.jpg
    20190820_105645.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190820_105714.jpg
    20190820_105714.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190820_105709.jpg
    20190820_105709.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 7
So, here's his legs, when I just set him down in the brooder again he ran really fast over to his buddies and used both legs like a normal chicken, albeit they are still a little turned outward, he moved quick and well!!
They look normal is those pictures.

it comes with practice, until we get as experienced as some of these amazing people on here we end up with information overload and something akin to pregnancy brain, playing momma to the little ones that come outta the incubator lo, if it wasn't for these ladies I would have given up a long time ago, and every time I think I got it all figured otu, my chickens go like you wanna bet.
I guess I've had good luck before then. I ended up with about 40 chickens on 5 acres(chicken math:rolleyes:), and only had a minor respiratory infection in about 5 of them. Had to cull some nasty roosters in that time for sure. It's ok, they tasted good.

may very well have been slipped tendons which are uncommon but not unheard of, you gave us some really good pics though so maybe one of the experts will know, but for getting those pictures and the improvement i would say double slipped tendons

Back
Top Bottom