I Need Help On These Rare Expensive Lavender Orpington Chicks

So are you wanting to know what price you should sell the chicks for? That would depend on the quality of birds the eggs came from and the quality of the chicks themselves.

Quote:
no fun allowed
sad.png

to answer your question, lavender orps aren't exceptionally rare or expensive

yes exactly i want to know what to sell the chicks for and im not sure the quality of the mother but the chicks are getting new clean feathers every day and look very healthy

according to the agriculture of us they are relitivly rare ok so if you arent going to give real advice plz dont post on this question any more

Quote:
Without some background on the chicks parents and what line they came from you probably won't be able to get very much for the chicks.

They are just not that rare....and there are a lot of not very good ones out there that are a long way from anything resembling an orpington. Too many people have bred them willy nilly without trying to continue to improve them. I don't know where you got the eggs, but if they advertised them as extremely rare they weren't really being honest on their advertising.

Here in Austin, TX no chick is sold above $10 and that is high most are at $5 even my rare barnevelder goes for just $7 if you can find them. However if it is a female over 5 weeks and good quality the price jumps. So in your case list your high price but neg based on more that one purchase and see what happens. They are a PERRRTY chicken and you might get a good response.

You're not the breeder so really you'd just be passing along whatever the breeder told you. That's fine but you should understand that there is a huge difference between what you are selling and chicks being sold by an established breeder who has a portfolio of photos to give an impression of quality. You simply will not get top dollar.

I'd suggest listing them for auction and letting the market decide what is a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom