I need help! {UPDATE}My bantam chick is acting all wrong!--She died

If it's any of the sicknesses that hinkjc listed, the sulmet will take care of it. I gave it to my L.B. and she's getting better. You might would like to try that with your BR...

So sorry, it pains me to hear of this, I have gone through similar stuff and you put your heart and soul into trying to get them better.

I have been told by many that some chicks when it is damp outside just succumb to the elements and cannot get warm. We created a brooder in the house for these situations. It is a rubbermaid container (clear so you can see in) with a screen cut into the top about the size of the heat lamp biggest part(so it does not melt the plastic) We put the convelsecent chicks in there under the heat so they can warm up.

My daughter saved a duckie that got too cold and eyes were sinking in she wrapped it up in a towel to dry it, we put a towel in the dryer to warm up and after it was warm we wrapped the duckling in the towel and placed under the heat lamp. Took about 4 hours but she finally started quacking a little(weak but hey we will take it) She is now living nicely outside with the others and we just watch for the first signs of wetness and get them in the house asap.

That's a good idea with the warm towels. Yes, it is tough. My BR bantam is still quarantined, but she isn't getting any worse. My neighbor, who has raised chickens for years, said is looks to be CRD (chronic Respiratory Disease).
I started her and the other bantams on antibiotics and have upped my biosecurity... something I should have done MUCH sooner. I have high hopes for her, but she has lost some weight already. She's getting lots of extra love and affection... don't know the benefit of that, but it makes me feel better!

Adam

Back
Top Bottom