I need help with a green vent

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
Good morning to all who are reading this thread I had a strange encounter this morning when one of my girls had died now it’s been 4 years since I started and two years since I joined bye thanks to all the helpers I’ve been able to learn a lot but I have yet to learn so I just saw the hen lying down I thought she was asleep till I notices some parts of her face were black and her vent was green she was a healthy hen but she was in a large cage because she is very dominant she was something we call “bolo” which is a chicken with no tail I’m not sure what to call that in English but she just didn’t have a tail apparently it’s genetic and I’m not sure if it has problems now I had dewormed my birds about 3-4 days ago with half a pill of Vermigallo which has two different types of dewormer which one is for intestinal and one external all in a tablet I’m not sure if this could’ve caused her death or maybe she was sick I wanted to know so I can disinfect thank you in advance

Attachments

• 3F256DAA-28AD-4440-9CBF-26A3D9116D7A.jpeg
    3F256DAA-28AD-4440-9CBF-26A3D9116D7A.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 22
To me it looks like some sort of fungal infection tion. I would make sure the food is fresh and the water container is clean.
Thank you ,I clean their food and water every week and I don’t leave food in the containers at night to keep the rodents out do you think this can be contagious?

Green skin can be from bruising. Was she alone in the pen or with other chickens? Could she have been pecked around her vent? Sometimes a necropsy at home can give some clues about what caused a death, but a poultry lab is much more thorough with lab and cultures looking for diseases. Sorry for your loss.

Green skin can be from bruising. Was she alone in the pen or with other chickens? Could she have been pecked around her vent? Sometimes a necropsy at home can give some clues about what caused a death, but a poultry lab is much more thorough with lab and cultures looking for diseases. Sorry for your loss.
Ohh I see but no she was alone in her pen because in many ocasiona she would bully my pullets so I had her alone only with a rooster ofc sometimes but she was completely alone this time ,I was going to see if maybe she had a ruptured intestine because she died while defecating by what I could see and thank you for the condolences she was a great girl

Back
Top Bottom