I need help with treating an illness / disease with most of my chickens

gema

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2024
UAE
Hello People, I've had a couple of amazing chickens so far and There's a person that have chickens too like over the other wall and their chickens come to eat the food I throw out for some chickens I got my other chickens kept in coops and I go inside their coops to feed them and They can't come out BUT the chickens of the other guy comes to our farm to eat food of the other chickens but I really didn't mind it since they laid eggs in my farm and I took it as thanks BUT recently most of guys of the other guy's farm got an illness of some kind and apparently They've been coughing and after coughing they just fall down on the ground being unable to walk and thanks to that, Most of the chickens like 40% of them got it and after a day or maybe even hours they die, My mom has fed them Vitamin B pills and I'm here wondering if that would even work, I got pictures of the chickens being really sick but I don't think I would want to send it here since people might get sad yeah but I'm just wondering what kind of a sickness this is and If there's some kind of a treatment + I've added grated onions + garlic to the foods but I don't think its working

And idk if this out of context but like, When I've tried to grab and lift a chicken they just dont feel heavy like They're so light and I don't know why because I feed them twice a day daily and they get enough food and water

Thanks for reading this and for the advice

Your mom's doing well giving your chickens Vit. B. That'll help if they have a vitamin deficiency causing some problems, but probably not the coughing so much.

All that coughing makes me think they might have a respiratory infection, kind of like humans get when we get a really bad chest cold.

Sometimes with good layer food and clean water, in time they can recover, but should have a complete serving of vitamins for a few days. One of the best vitamin products for chickens is Poultry Cell you can put in their water.

If possible, try to get a feeder so you can leave food for your chickens at least during the daylight so they can eat as much as they want. Cut down on snacks and scratch or anything extra they're getting so they eat more of their nutritious feed.

Your neighbor's chickens that are dying most likely need an antibiotic, and if yours get sick, they may need one too. It's hard to know for sure though what's wrong with your neighbor's chickens, but I'd get yours as healthy as you can so they can fight it.

Try feeding yours some scrambled eggs if you want to give them a treat. That's very healthy and normally they love it.

Thank you for replying and Vit B isn't really helping much with the coughing and the thing is, When I put food for the chickens the sick ones usually, They don't really eat much since they can't even walk and yeah , We put the chicken food in a cup for them which they usually either eat all of them or just jump on the cup and then make all the food fall and they eat it off the ground

And I have no idea what kind of antibiotic I have to feed for the chickens

I'll check out Poultry Cell tyvm for the reply and Whats the point of scrambled eggs

Back
Top Bottom