I need help

So here's the follow up pictures to my prior post.

Misters... (I have them on a timer. Usually I don't put them on until it gets closer to 100. That's deliberate so they acclimate to the heat when it's just in the 90s. I figured that will make it easier for them when it really gets hot.)
20230622_113402.jpg

Cool pool for when it's really hot. Blocks encourage them to stand in there. The water is just above the level of the larger blocks.
20230622_094709.jpg

20230621_171853.jpg

Ice water with blueberries (and/or chia seed) to cool their waddles. (First photo was their very first time with just the chia seeds. They were leery at first.)
Screenshot_20230518-150751_Gallery.jpg

20230523_135327.jpg

If it's really hot, another thing I do that I forgot to mention earlier is just to hose down an area within their run. That really helps cool that area and they love to go scratch in it and lay down on it.

So here's the follow up pictures to my prior post.

Misters... (I have them on a timer. Usually I don't put them on until it gets closer to 100. That's deliberate so they acclimate to the heat when it's just in the 90s. I figured that will make it easier for them when it really gets hot.)
View attachment 3552027

Cool pool for when it's really hot. Blocks encourage them to stand in there. The water is just above the level of the larger blocks.
View attachment 3552028
View attachment 3552030

Ice water with blueberries (and/or chia seed) to cool their waddles. (First photo was their very first time with just the chia seeds. They were leery at first.)
View attachment 3552032
View attachment 3552033

If it's really hot, another thing I do that I forgot to mention earlier is just to hose down an area within their run. That really helps cool that area and they love to go scratch in it and lay down on it.
Oh, yes, I hose down the run, especially the shaded area.

I’m in Michigan but it’s hot by our standards, too. I put a layer of ice cubes under 3-4 inches of dirt (in shade) in their dust bath tire when I see most hens going to lay. (They take dust bath after laying) Yes, they get dirty, but my heavier birds seem to flock to it.

Attachments

• IMG_2948.jpeg
    IMG_2948.jpeg
    915.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom