I need help...

htaesali

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
I am a newbie to this and need some help with our incubator. My temp fluctuates (spelling?) between 94.2 and 100 degrees. I cant get it more accurate. We have a computer fan in there, 100 watt light bulb, a thermostat, my husband made it exactly how the directions told him to, humidity is fine, I just cant get the temp regular...What do I do? Any advice welcomed and appreciated :0)
big_smile.png

Where is your thermostat and light placed? How far away? Can you adjust the thermostat just a hair to bring it up a bit? Lower is better than higher, so be careful.

I had in on for the last week and this is the lowest I have gotten it...not to go over 101 degrees. I just put my eggs in last night, and I really want them to hatch. Im thinking its too late to mess with it? What about a lower watt light bulb? Is that too risky with the eggs already in there?
sad.png

What watt bulb do you have in there now? I use a 40 watt regular sized bulb. The smaller bulbs don't work as good. Also do you have something keeping the heat directly off your eggs?
20124_sany0598.jpg

I put metal duct tape on the wire(next to the bulb) to deflect the heat from directly on the eggs.
20124_incubator_02.jpg

I've had good hatches when my incubator temp was running on the low side. (The incubator was sitting next to the glass sliding door and the cold air made the incubator temp go down)

What kinda thermostat are you using, & the light bulb is probely to strong, I use a 15-20 watt in mine & it is a mini fridge.

I have a 100 watt lightbulb in there now and a aluminum foil heat shield. I will move the therostat and fan closer to the bulb like you have it...this makes perfect sense. I dont know why we put them further apart. Should I put a lower bulb in there?

Back
Top Bottom