I NEED INFO ON SEBRIGHTS :D please

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
I might be getting seabright eggs soon to hatch in the bator, I wanted to know info about them like stuff I should know before getting myself invalved.
smile.png
I think there so cute. How would I interduce them to my main flock once there hatched and feathered out, I know I have to put them in a cage at the bottom of the coop, But for how long?

Thanks
smile.png

We had a golden seabright rooster and he was really agressive, especially toward children. He also disrupted the rest of the flock(full sized birds) so we gave him away. Some friends of ours had both seabright hens and roosters. They terrorized all their full sized hens and roosters, even RIR roos and would not let them eat. It's too bad because they are such beautiful birds.

My own opinion is that it may be a good idea to keep seabrights seperated from the other birds.

Check the breed section of the forum. I'm sure there is a page for sebrights. I'm sure you'd be able to find a lot more information on there. They are beautiful birds.

Quote:
I too had a golden Sebright rooster. He was a nightmare and after 4 years of donating blood to him daily I gave him to a woman who said she could handle him. She can, she has the scars to prove it.

Not saying they're all like that, just be aware that they CAN be.

Back
Top Bottom