I need opinions ( update It did not go well)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by HeatherLynn, Oct 28, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Ok I set myself a goal of making a bit of money to pay for Christmas and a few other things that I know will just strain the budget a bit. Getting a job has been problematic with the kids and homeschooling. So I got the idea of making a few things to sell at Christmas fairs. There is a local one that only costs 20 for a booth. Last year we sold stuff for scouts and made 300. I figure I should be able to do a bit more than that with some effort and imagination.

Problem is I have a husband who refuses to have any opinions on craft stuff and family that can't get much more unsupportive. I think these are cute. I have seen some online or seen some in craft magazines. I try to add a bit of something to make them a touch different. Anywho I have been able to make a sample batch out of craft supplies I already had. So I need some female opinions. Is this just a wasted idea? Some of these are pins. Some will be ornaments sold in sets of 3 or singly. I also have been painting eggs to sell.

Here are a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    There cute I like them. Great job. [​IMG]

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    You did an excellent job making these, I want some [​IMG] . (P.S. it is totally not a waste of time)

4. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I think the ornaments are super cute! Personally, I probably wouldn't buy one that was a pin, but as an ornament...heck yeah!! [​IMG]

5. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG] great job !!!
    I would buy these at a craft fair/show. [​IMG]

6. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:X2

7. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

They are so cute!! I would definitely buy them at a craft fair. Loved the chicken!!

If you would be interested in doing a little mail order business, please PM me.

8. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Well I am back to stitching then. They take a long while to make but I can do them at night which works with the kids. I am pretty much just doing birds at this point. I did the one kitty for my husbands aunt. I might do more of those to sell. I am not a cat person but its sorta cute.

9. itsmechrissy

itsmechrissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    I like the cat and rooster best... you should make some penguins too! Oh, and fish would be cute!

10. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I love the owl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by