I need setting buddies, just put eggs in the incubator!! 1/14/13

I set 6 eggs yesterday. I am planning on setting all of the eggs I get until 1/16 in the a.m. after that I will tally up the eggs and see what I set. The only roos I have are Black Copper Marans, so i will have lots of half Black Copper Marans. Happy Hatching!

I haven't been on BYC forever, but I finally have the courage to try baby chicks again. I have had terrible luck apparent Marek's, losing most of my chickens and all of the chicks from the feed store last spring. :( I almost gave up on chickens all together, but decided to try hatching my own eggs from the surviving hens.

I set 29 on 1/12/13:
- a dozen white leghorns from a farmer in my neighborhood
- eight barnyard mixes, roo is barred rock, hens are barred rocks and red sex links
- 9 of my own, grey Andalusian mix roo, with FBCM hens, barred hen and EE hens.

Hello every one I set 19 Of my own eggs on Sunday the 13 So we will see what we get , I have a mix of girls and 2 roosters I recently lost 7 Birds one night because (Big Grampa Coon) some one didn't LOCK them up after he told me he did
somad.gif
that night and then the massacre happened , I know better now I go check myself..
So any way I have 19 eggs we will hope for the best .

Here is Momma......sitting on 12 eggs. 6 Orphington and 6 Euskal. Wishing her luck as the temperature is about to take another dip!! About 0C now and by Thursday -15C. This is day 2 with eggs and day 9 for broody!!

Cant wait to get more pics and to see everyone elses!!

Here is Momma......sitting on 12 eggs. 6 Orphington and 6 Euskal. Wishing her luck as the temperature is about to take another dip!! About 0C now and by Thursday -15C. This is day 2 with eggs and day 9 for broody!! Cant wait to get more pics and to see everyone elses!!
What a beauty! I have never had any hen go broody. I've read about it a lot, though. Can you "start it " yourself? Just curious.

Hello every one I set 19 Of my own eggs on Sunday the 13 So we will see what we get , I have a mix of girls and 2 roosters I recently lost 7 Birds one night because (Big Grampa Coon) some one didn't LOCK them up after he told me he did
somad.gif
that night and then the massacre happened , I know better now I go check myself..
So any way I have 19 eggs we will hope for the best .
oh so sorry you lost 7 of your birds. I lost 8 of mine last summer, I think to a fox. My 14 year old dog passed , so he wasn't out t here to protect them. I have my birds better protected now. Good luck with this hatch. I can't wait to see pictures.
woot.gif

Here is Momma......sitting on 12 eggs. 6 Orphington and 6 Euskal. Wishing her luck as the temperature is about to take another dip!! About 0C now and by Thursday -15C. This is day 2 with eggs and day 9 for broody!!

Cant wait to get more pics and to see everyone elses!!
Oh so cute.
love.gif

I set 6 eggs yesterday. I am planning on setting all of the eggs I get until 1/16 in the a.m. after that I will tally up the eggs and see what I set. The only roos I have are Black Copper Marans, so i will have lots of half Black Copper Marans. Happy Hatching!
Good luck! I would love to see pictures of your birds.

Back
Top Bottom