I need some advice and help

it's called new cacastle disease
Thank for you that.
I assume you mean Newcastle?
Antibiotics can help with secondary infection, but there is no real treatment for Newcastle since it's a virus.
It's highly contagious, so if you have any other birds that are symptomatic, you may want to separate them or even think about culling them. I'm sorry and don't mean to sound harsh. The disease can spread rapidly and affect your other birds.

You don't want to sell or give away any of your chickens since they will be carriers of the disease for life even if they recover.

Thank for you that.
I assume you mean Newcastle?
Antibiotics can help with secondary infection, but there is no real treatment for Newcastle since it's a virus.
It's highly contagious, so if you have any other birds that are symptomatic, you may want to separate them or even think about culling them. I'm sorry and don't mean to sound harsh. The disease can spread rapidly and affect your other birds.

You don't want to sell or give away any of your chickens since they will be carriers of the disease for life even if they recover.
It's really good of you to mention that chickens remain carriers for life. This is how we BYC members learn from each other. Sadly this time I learn something new at the expense of someone else's loss. Still, after that little pullet is gone, her experience is still helping others!

It's really good of you to mention that chickens remain carriers for life. This is how we BYC members learn from each other. Sadly this time I learn something new at the expense of someone else's loss. Still, after that little pullet is gone, her experience is still helping others!
indeed at least we all may learn

Thank you for the video.
Poor thing was really sick. If it's Newcastles, I'm not sure what else you could have done. A strong antibiotic like Baytril may help with secondary infection, but this is one of the few respiratory diseases that also is passed into the egg for hatching. From what I understand the embryo dies before hatching.

Sadly, this is how we do learn from one another.
Almost all respiratory diseases make birds carriers for life with the exception of Infectious Bronchitis which can last up to a year.
Keeping a closed flock if there is respiratory disease is the practical and ethical thing to do since you don't want to continue the spread of disease.
Sometimes a very hard decision of culling all, cleaning thoroughly and starting over is also made.

It's always a good idea for each of us to read/research and learn all we can about the various illnesses that affect chickens, this way we can help each other and hopefully be able to be more informed about how manage illness when/if the time comes.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Thank you for the video.
Poor thing was really sick. If it's Newcastles, I'm not sure what else you could have done. A strong antibiotic like Baytril may help with secondary infection, but this is one of the few respiratory diseases that also is passed into the egg for hatching. From what I understand the embryo dies before hatching.

Almost all respiratory diseases make birds carriers for life with the exception of Infectious Bronchitis which can last up to a year.
Keeping a closed flock if there is respiratory disease is the practical and ethical thing to do since you don't want to continue the spread of disease.
Sometimes a very hard decision of culling all, cleaning thoroughly and starting over is also made.

It's always a good idea for each of us to read/research and learn all we can about the various illnesses that affect chickens, this way we can help each other and hopefully be able to be more informed about how manage illness when/if the time comes.

You are correct,thank u for the help

Thank you for the video.

You are correct,thank u for the help

Back
Top Bottom