I need some help identifying gender

Bananabelle

Chirping
Nov 16, 2016
Hi, we've hatched 5 healthy chicks and now they're 5 weeks old and I've been trying to figure out their gender. Here are some pics and my current guesses:

Lemonade (she used to be yellow, but this name is becoming a little less fitting now):

I think she's female because her comb is small and still yellow.

Brown Sugar:

I think he's male because he likes to flap his siblings and seems to have the darkest comb.

Cinnimon

I hate to say because this one is one of my favorites and I fear male because he's the biggest.

Marmalade:

I think she's female because she fairly small like lemonade

Bobtail

Now this one is a true mystery for me because she is our little runt, and hasn't even finished growing her feathers (you can seen some fluff still on her back).

If these picture aren't good enough I'm sorry. Tell me what to focus on and I'll take more. It was a bit challenging because some run away when they see me and others were trying to eat the camera. Tell me if I should try different lighting, they were under a pine tree for these pictures, but I can kidnap them one at a time when they come to eat.

Last edited:
Hi, we've hatched 5 healthy chicks and now they're 5 weeks old and I've been trying to figure out their gender. Here are some pics and my current guesses: Lemonade (she used to be yellow, but this name is becoming a little less fitting now): [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] I think she's female because her comb is small and still yellow. Brown Sugar: I think he's male because he likes to flap his siblings and seems to have the darkest comb. Cinnimon I hate to say because this one is one of my favorites and I fear male because he's the biggest. Marmalade: [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] I think she's female because she fairly small like lemonade Bobtail Now this one is a true mystery for me because she is our little runt, and hasn't even finished growing her feathers (you can seen some fluff still on her back). If these picture aren't good enough I'm sorry. Tell me what to focus on and I'll take more. It was a bit challenging because some run away when they see me and others were trying to eat the camera. Tell me if I should try different lighting, they were under a pine tree for these pictures, but I can kidnap them one at a time when they come to eat.
Lemonade looks like your only pullet. Marmalade is iffy to me. The rest are boys. At 5 weeks old the combs are too big and red to be girls.

Back
Top Bottom