I need some help with what to tell my neighbor. Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice everyone! Alot of good ideas!
hugs.gif

Quote:
yeah, I agree with this. Use diplomacy in a firm and friendly way. I prob. wouldn't be able to say out for a year - because its guaranteed the rules will be broken from the get go. Time outs, pick the kid up if needed to stop his chasing, or even holding his hand - get down on his level, eye to eye and tell him that chasing animals is cruel and is not allowed. Dont be sweet, be firm. bribery and rewards also work well. Possibly involve him in egg collecting, chores (?)

I wouldn't expect the grandparents to be as able as you can be in this life lesson...

Last edited:
Lets just call him Damien, for the sake of this thread. THis kid is a holy terror! Something is wrong with him...

You know..... hubby would take offense to that
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
His name is Damien
ep.gif

ETA.....
lau.gif

Have no clue what to do about the neighbors though. I'm very picky about who can and can't see my animals. Though the lice idea sounds awesome.​

Last edited:
Quote:
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
His name is Damien
ep.gif

lol.png
What did he do to his parents?
pop.gif

Quote:
yeah, I agree with this. Use diplomacy in a firm and friendly way. I prob. wouldn't be able to say out for a year - because its guaranteed the rules will be broken from the get go. Time outs, pick the kid up if needed to stop his chasing, or even holding his hand - get down on his level, eye to eye and tell him that chasing animals is cruel and is not allowed. Dont be sweet, be firm. bribery and rewards also work well. Possibly involve him in egg collecting, chores (?)

I wouldn't expect the grandparents to be as able as you can be in this life lesson...

I'm keeping an eye on your avatar ya know...

Quote:
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
His name is Damien
ep.gif

lol.png
pop.gif

Well.... according to his mom he was breech. But he was born well before the movie so I have no idea
idunno.gif

Quote:
lol.png
pop.gif

Well.... according to his mom he was breech. But he was born well before the movie so I have no idea
idunno.gif

ooh,he had a movie named after him then?! Cool!
lol.png

Quote:
There is nothing rude about saying 'I'm sorry, but Damien can't run around bothering the animals like that. Please keep him with you or take him home'.

They would be rude if they took exception to that, you would not be rude for stating it.

It is not rude to differentiate yourself from a doormat.

Last edited:
Quote:
My daughter's friend comes over to play and the first couple of times she was in the chicken run, she had a blast chasing the chicks around. Nope, that wasn't gonna happen. I walked to the gate and said, "No, thank you. We don't chase the chickens." I was calm and firm. She was startled. "Out of the run," I said. This happened twice. The third time it happened when her mom picked her up and I made sure to use the same quiet but firm tone in front of the mom. I further explained, "You would feel really bad if a chicken got hurt, and I would feel really bad if you got hurt. Please don't pick them up either." This is a simple no, and it worked. I wasn't rude. I simply removed her from the situation and was firm but gentle in front of her mom. We haven't had a problem since then, but it took three times for it to sink in.

Think of it this way: would you allow his dangerous behavior around a baby? Your chickens are babies, but they are living creatures that you care for. Be calm and assertive. No rudeness necessary.

Quote:
There is nothing rude about saying 'I'm sorry, but Damien can't run around bothering the animals like that. Please keep him with you or take him home'.

They would be rude if they took exception to that, you would not be rude for stating it.

ooh yes..i understand that..
I was referring to you when you said to just say "no"...
that would be hard for me to do..
I just needed some sort of way of explaining things to them..without causing them to get offended..And i've gotten plenty of good ideas now..
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom