I need some ideas for homemade Christmas gifts

caramelized nuts (can find recipes online)
cinder toffee
gingerbread men
cake
a box containing a selection of homemade cards for birthdays etc

it's presentation which can make or break a gift, so get some nice plastic stuff or glass jars, make and decorate boxes etc...

I love all the ideas in here!

But I have just got to tell you all about one cookie mix in a jar I received one year. Went to make cookies a few days after Christmas - and it was full of weevils!
th.gif
sickbyc.gif

Make sure the ingredients are really fresh and clean!

I am loving these ideas. Keep them coming. Last year I made photo memory wall hangings for my mom, and kids. I had a lot of fleece around here so each of the grandkids got a fleece slumber bag. I made a dollhouse from wood we had around for 2 of the granddaughters and printed off wallpaper and used some flleece for carpet. I hope to come up with some more stuff to do. I hate that times are so tough and my ex husband just loves to spend tons of money on the kids and grandkids.

I have some denim quilts made this year too but not enough for everyone yet.

Cookies are my fav homemade gift! Who doesn't love cookies??? Most of us have too much knick-knacky stuff around our houses, anyway. Cookies are never in the way!

Its been a low income year around here too.

I've been taking cuttings off my perennial herbs and starting them in soil &/or water. Around Thanksgiving I will artfully arrange them into themed herb baskets and let them grow out. I have a bunch of baskets salvaged from florist planters to put them in. A few planned mixes:

Italian seasonings (oregano, marjoram, rosemary)
Simon and Garfunkel or stuffing herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme)
Air freshener (lavender, mint, lemon thyme)

A semi-hard cutting of rosemary tucked right into moist soil starts very reliably for me. The sage and lavender like to be still attached to the mother plant, bend a sprig over and tuck under a rock until roots form. Thyme, mint, oregano and marjoram can be treated this way as well. Alternately take cuttings, strip the bottom leaves, and stick in water until roots form, then plant in a potting medium.

I've also been making sundried tomatoes, assorted dried herbs, mint tea, and preserves for gourmet gift baskets. I'm hoping to make some cheddar cheese to go into these as well.

Something else I could do with all my eggs is make jars of Pickled Eggs. They have all kinds of recipes for them.

fabric and rice makes a nice hot sock for the microwave..Make sure to inclue a bay leaf and some spices (whole) for an aromatic experience...

I'm making walking sticks. Some widdeling, sanding, oiling and some decorations. If they don't like it, they can take a hike!

Back
Top Bottom