I need some ideas for homemade Christmas gifts

Found info on felted soap at TSC. Of course I had to investigate and have just ordered my bag of alpaca fiber to make these with the kids. Sounds like fun and a neat gift. Hard part was finding alpaca fiber that I could afford. Who doesn't need a brightly colored bar of hairy soap for christmas?

Last year I took Pint blue canning jars and
Got some zink lids and had DH drill holes in the top and went to dollar store and bought hand soap in pump. Cut the stem off the pump to fit the jar and glued the pump into the jar and made hand soap dispensers.Filled the jar with soap and decorated with raffia and berries.

I made oatmeal facial soap for the ladies on my list one year and they loved them..I also sold a lot of them wrapped in cellophane at the flea markets. A plus is, while you are microwaving the soap, your kitchen smells so good.

Supplies:

1 large bar of soap, preferably a mild cleanser such as a Dove or Ivory beauty bar
3 tablespoons of oatmeal
4 tablespoons water
Large microwave safe bowl
Soap mold or decorative muffin tin
Knife
Microwave
Instructions:

Use a food processor to grind up your oatmeal. It should have a bit of texture, but you want to break up most of the individual flakes.
Grate your bar of soap into small slivers. Place shavings in a large, microwavable bowl.
Add water to the mixture and microwave on high for two to three minutes. Watch carefully to make sure the soap doesn't bubble over the bowl, stirring the mixture as needed.
Remove the bowl from the microwave. Stir in the oatmeal.
Pour soap into molds ( I used muffin tins) or make round balls as soon as its cool enough to handle.
Remove from mold when cool.
For a pretty presentation, wrap the soap in a washcloth and tie with a decorative ribbon bow.
To make a simple lotion to coordinate with your soap, add approximately 1/4 of a cup of ground oatmeal to a four ounce bottle of unscented body lotion

Another little thing that you can do, that really doesn't take much, is make snowman decorations. I have some I am going to make this weekend. I plan to cut a few pieces of good seasoned wood about 8-10 inches tall. I want them to be 3-4 inches in diameter (and I am walking the woods until I find some that are already barkless). I plan to spraypaint them white, paint on the eyes, nose and mouth, crochet a small hat and scarf and give them away. I have one in my Christmas decorations and it is adorable! Everyone who sees them LOVES them, so I know it will go over well. Also, find you some dry leaves, fir branches, fancy grasses and spraypaint them. They make beautiful decorations for wreaths, trees or packaging. I like to use a white or gold glittery spray paint. They are gorgeous!!

Quote:
gig.gif

I'm making them all quilts this year nothing to buy I have it all and I told my grandchildren from age's 16 to 9 that I wanted something that was make by them. That is if they are giving gifts this year.

For the parents I'm making fudge and homemake cookies.

Fudge
18 oz's of peanut butter

2 sticks butter. It should be butter

2 pounds 10 x or some people call it powdered suger

I large plastic jar of marshmello

take the peanut butter, butter and marshmello and put in a large bowl. Glass is good to use. Place in microwave for 2 minutes at high
remove and stir until all the lumps are out. Do it fast while it's still hot. Add the 10 x suger and mix. You'll need to use your hands at the end because it gets thick.
Spray a 13 x 9 cake pan and put the fudge in it. I use wax paper to spread it out on the top. Put it in the freg until cold. Best fudge your ever eat.

Another thing is you could make recipe books for the adults. Copy your recipes everyone loves and get those little books they use to put pictures in and place the cards in them.

Quote:
Children love quilts made out of fabric from their favorite clothes that they have outgrown.

Old t-shirts can be turned into shopping bags by cutting the arms away and cutting the neck hole a bit larger. To finish, turn the t-shirt inside out and sew bottom hem together. If desired, buttons, ribbons, or other embellishments can be added. Just found this link to show a sample. http://wildonionstudio.wordpress.co...l-to-recycle-a-tee-shirt-into-a-shopping-bag/

Back
Top Bottom