I need some information on my hen, help!

That was quick! I know it probably wasn't an easy decision for you, especially being rushed to do so.
hugs.gif
I commend you on making a decision that is in your hens' best interest and not for your comfort.
thumbsup.gif
Hopefully, you will soon be blessed once again by delicious fresh eggs from your hens. Please keep us updated on how they are all doing and when your hen(s) start laying again.

It was a hard decision, I raised them all from 6 week old chicks. They aren't far down the road. A family was looking for a few rooster's to breed with their hens so they can raise some chicks. My girls are resting now, and I don't think remaining rooster knows what to do with himself. He was at the bottom of the pecking order before and now he's at the top, lol.

UPDATE: It has been 4 weeks since our rooster's were rehomed and my remaining chickens couldn't be happier
celebrate.gif
Goldie my oldest hen has gotten back to her old self and has come out of her broody stage. Her feathers have returned to normal and she is queen of the hen house again. My rooster has claimed the other hen as his own and the are inseparable. He loves being the only male and is very docile. We also started getting eggs again today so I would say it was a success. Here are some pictures I took this morning when I went out to feed them, I think the happiness they feel shows
smile.png

His colors are wild, I have never seen another rooster like him. When we bought him we were told he was an Easter Egger but now that he has grown I'm starting to think that he may be another breed of chicken. Our children love him and are no longer scared to help take care of them. He has a very soft crow, which we love because it doesn't wake us up in the morning. We still have to find a name for him, that is still on our to do list :)

His colors are wild, I have never seen another rooster like him. When we bought him we were told he was an Easter Egger but now that he has grown I'm starting to think that he may be another breed of chicken. Our children love him and are no longer scared to help take care of them. He has a very soft crow, which we love because it doesn't wake us up in the morning. We still have to find a name for him, that is still on our to do list :)
Yes, he is definitely an Easter Egger rooster. I think you should name him "Lucky".
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom