I need spud recipes!!

chocolate m'scovy

Songster
10 Years
Jan 14, 2010
Someone just gave us about ten bushels of sprouted potatoes. They are not the freshest, as some of them were slimy black masses. But most of them are simply taters boasting tangled tentacles. So now they are downstairs lurking in our basement. Anyone have any potato recipes? I prefer ones with no convenience foods. Roasted, mashed, salads, etc.

I like them best pan-roasted or done on the grill.
Just quarter your potatos, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and roast @ 375F until golden and tender. Same on the grill except it goes quicker & I put them quarters on a piece of foil so they don't fall through.

Here's a potato salad recipe that uses 5 eggs!
AMISH POTATO SALAD
3# potatos cut into 3/4" chunks - boil w/1 tablespoon salt until tender, about 10min
While potatos are simmering, microwave 1/3 cup cider vinegar with 1/4 cup sugar for 30sec
Whisk together vinegar mixture with the yolk of 1 hard-cooked egg, 2 tablespoons yellow mustard, 1/2 teaspoon celery seed & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
If you have a food processor you can use that to make this dressing super-smooth.
Drain the potatos and mix in 2 tablespoons of the dressing, toss to coat and refrigerate for 30min, stirring once
Whisk 3/4 cup sour cream into the remaining dressing and add 4 chopped hard cooked eggs along with the egg white from the egg used for dressing. Use a potato masher to mash the eggs into the dressing so there are only small pieces of egg.
Mix 1 rib of celery diced fine & the dressing into the potatos, cover & refrigerate until chilled.
season with salt & pepper and serve!

Back
Top Bottom