I need to indentify these baby chicks

reggiehaft

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
I got these from the feed store and I am not sure what gender or breed these chicks are. I believe that they are about 3 weeks and I know that they are bantams. If you have any ideas, I am open to breeds. I was originally looking for EE's, but I don't know if I got any EE's.

lol no pictures.
wink.png

To ReggieHaft : Thanks for the opportunity. Here is a chance for everyone who thinks that he/she knows everything about chickens to actually prove it. A great way to get back at mom/dad/teachers or anyone else who ever accused us of being know-it-alls. Seriously, Reggie: Where are the pics?

hi, I am having a hard time uploading pics, but look at my avatar picture. These are the chicks that I am trying to identify. sorry I will try and get better pics uploaded.

ReggieHaft: Sorry, I was too dumb to realize the pics were of the baby chicks you need help with. I really can't see well enough to even guess. But the little brown one needs attention. Not normal for the wings to droop and it looks lethargic. Does it eat and drink? Butt pasty? Can you get Gro Gel or if not use sugar water. I am worried for you about it. Not trying to alarm you. If it is pasted up, wash it's butt with warm water. Best to you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/i/5698226/avatars/sort/display_order/

Heres a better shot. The chicks look healthy. cant really tell yet, but the brown one looks like my EE. I dont see beards, but I dont know if all EEs have beards or not. I see feathers on the legs of the brown one but not the grey one. They might be a mix with a blue egg gene in there somewhere. Asfor gender, its still way too early, they need at least 4 more weeks.

Good luck and welcome to BYC!

I think it was the picture because it is eating and drinking just fine. It is active and moving around and seems to be fine.

I know that EE's are mixed breeds and can come with or without beards/feathered feet. They also don't breed true and can look like anything. I really want the various egg basket.

Sorry, I think she's a partridge cochin, and the one next to her is a self blue old English game bantam.

Back
Top Bottom