I need to know everything ABOUT INTEGRATION

Can you help me?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had one hen in a cage because I was treating her for a respiratory issue. She's better and I recently put her back into her coop. I put her in a nest box and let her take it from there. There were no issues.

IMG-20210506-WA0003.jpg

Chicks have settled in outside...
It's still difficult to keep them in their coop sleeping area- they keep jumping out as soon as we put one in.

I have never integrated, though hopefully I hatch some chicks this year. It looks like you have got a good setup. (I wrote this before I saw your picture) From what I've read, use the see no touch method. This is just my suggestion, Find a place in your coop that you can section off. Put chicken wire around it. Make it large enough for a waterer and feeder and make sure your chicks have plenty of space. This is optional: Wrap a tarp around a dog crate and use ratchet straps to hold it in place, fill with shavings or other bedding material, now you have a chick coop. Or, as @DogsAndChicks123 suggested, you can put a dog crate out and put them in your coop at night. When I first put mine in the coop, I still brought them in at night because it was still sort of cool outside. When they get older and you take down the barrier, I suggest you do it while your girls are out free ranging. What breed are your chicks? Good luck!

I have never integrated, though hopefully I hatch some chicks this year. It looks like you have got a good setup. (I wrote this before I saw your picture) From what I've read, use the see no touch method. This is just my suggestion, Find a place in your coop that you can section off. Put chicken wire around it. Make it large enough for a waterer and feeder and make sure your chicks have plenty of space. This is optional: Wrap a tarp around a dog crate and use ratchet straps to hold it in place, fill with shavings or other bedding material, now you have a chick coop. Or, as @DogsAndChicks123 suggested, you can put a dog crate out and put them in your coop at night. When I first put mine in the coop, I still brought them in at night because it was still sort of cool outside. When they get older and you take down the barrier, I suggest you do it while your girls are out free ranging. What breed are your chicks? Good luck!
All my birds are silkies

Chicks and hens were free ranging in the garden today. One of my girls is currently broody and incubating some eggs so she didn't come out.
Fries doesn't seem to agressive to them. She has already had some pecks and battles with them. The chicks know not to get in her way but they usually stay a metre away most of the time since Fries is quite lonely without Pippin.

Back
Top Bottom