I need to know how many time I can feed my chicken in a day

i have big can feeders so they can eat when they want to it will not hurt them, i can put 50 lbs in at a time, when i was feeding them three times aday, they acted like they were staving all the time , so i bought the big feeders and they are happy now.

i leave food out for them 24 hours a day...so they can eat it when they are hungry...

Mine eat constantly. I go into the run and top up the food dish and check the water a couple of times a day just to make sure they are ok, and to keep them entertained. (They liketo watch me fill the food bowl) They also come over excited and chow down as if the bowl contained something new and different, even though I'm just topping up, or stirring what is there.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I carried a bucket of feed out to the coop one day because I noticed their 30 lb. feeder was about half empty. I set the bucket down outside the coop for a sec while I went to check on something. Come back and the little boogers were eating the feed outta the bucket like it was the world's best treat.
roll.png

I keep feed available 24/7. Get a large feeder that can be hung and you only have to refill it every couple of days.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!! Everyone is right....get a feeder to leave with the chickens. They WILL thank you. You can give them treats when you visit them. That way they still come running for you but they don't get so hungry.

only you can know how much your chickens need.. If they're starving, add more. if their fat, take a bit off... personally i feed with a vienna can. for bantams, its 1 can per pair (in the spring/summer) but then they started starving and i had to go up to 2 cans per pair. and once it gets around to spring.. when they start leaving feed i'll "guess-ti-mate" how much it is, then take it off.. and continue taking it off until nones left.. feed lasts me forever, and they dont get fat nor skinny (which slows down or completely stops laying)

-Daniel

My bantam's would look at a vienna can and laugh!! They eat way more than that and they are not fat at all.

I leave feed out for my chickens all the time when they are hungry they eat....when it get's low I add more.

Back
Top Bottom