I need to rehome my flock of chickens

Arete

Chirping
Aug 28, 2020
SW Ohio
Do to unforeseen circumstances I am having to rehome my flock of 10 hens and 1 Rooster. I am heartbroken but would like them to go to a good home. They are all about 16 weeks of age having obtained them from our local feed store. They are and have been in excellent health. I have 4 Black Laced Wyandotte Hens, 6 Amberlink hens and 1 Black Laced Wyandotte Rooster. The hens have not started to lay yet and the Rooster has just started to crow. The first four pics are from a month ago, the last 2 pics are this morning. I am in the Dayton, Ohio area and willing to deliver up to 100 miles. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Attachments

• IMG-7803.jpg
    IMG-7803.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-7853.jpg
    IMG-7853.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-7819.jpg
    IMG-7819.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG-8097.jpg
    IMG-8097.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-8243.jpg
    IMG-8243.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG-8245.jpg
    IMG-8245.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
Sooo sorry you’re having to go through this. Heartbreaking.

They’re beautiful and obviously well cared for. You’ll have a lot of response, and hopefully be able to keep them together if that’s possible. May it be a smooth transition for you and the birds ❤️🤞

Too far away, but good luck! I second giving Craigslist a try. Make it clear they are getting really close to laying age—a lot of chicken newbies want to give raising them a go but are nervous about getting day old chicks and messing it up with babies. I know that was a big fear of mine before I realized how simple it really is to raise the itty bitties.

Sooo sorry you’re having to go through this. Heartbreaking.

They’re beautiful and obviously well cared for. You’ll have a lot of response, and hopefully be able to keep them together if that’s possible. May it be a smooth transition for you and the birds ❤🤞
Thank you for that, I appreciate it

Too far away, but good luck! I second giving Craigslist a try. Make it clear they are getting really close to laying age—a lot of chicken newbies want to give raising them a go but are nervous about getting day old chicks and messing it up with babies. I know that was a big fear of mine before I realized how simple it really is to raise the itty bitties.
Thank you for the reply and I will

Back
Top Bottom