I need to rehome my flock of chickens

Arete

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2020
SW Ohio
Do to unforeseen circumstances I am having to rehome my flock of 10 hens and 1 Rooster. I am heartbroken but would like them to go to a good home. They are all about 16 weeks of age having obtained them from our local feed store. They are and have been in excellent health. I have 4 Black Laced Wyandotte Hens, 6 Amberlink hens and 1 Black Laced Wyandotte Rooster. The hens have not started to lay yet and the Rooster has just started to crow. The first four pics are from a month ago, the last 2 pics are this morning. I am in the Dayton, Ohio area and willing to deliver up to 100 miles. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Attachments

One Lucky Momma

Chicken Kisser
Premium Feather Member
Apr 25, 2020
Madison Co, NC
Sooo sorry you’re having to go through this. Heartbreaking.

They’re beautiful and obviously well cared for. You’ll have a lot of response, and hopefully be able to keep them together if that’s possible. May it be a smooth transition for you and the birds ❤🤞

SilkieMitch

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
Too far away, but good luck! I second giving Craigslist a try. Make it clear they are getting really close to laying age—a lot of chicken newbies want to give raising them a go but are nervous about getting day old chicks and messing it up with babies. I know that was a big fear of mine before I realized how simple it really is to raise the itty bitties.

Arete

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2020
SW Ohio
Sooo sorry you’re having to go through this. Heartbreaking.

They’re beautiful and obviously well cared for. You’ll have a lot of response, and hopefully be able to keep them together if that’s possible. May it be a smooth transition for you and the birds ❤🤞
Thank you for that, I appreciate it

Arete

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2020
SW Ohio
Too far away, but good luck! I second giving Craigslist a try. Make it clear they are getting really close to laying age—a lot of chicken newbies want to give raising them a go but are nervous about getting day old chicks and messing it up with babies. I know that was a big fear of mine before I realized how simple it really is to raise the itty bitties.
Thank you for the reply and I will

Top Bottom