i need to stay out of the feed store

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by haleyluna, Jun 7, 2007.

1. haleyluna

haleyluna Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    oh, and the feed store and a handful of pharaoh quail. so after i bought the two white cochin banties, i ended up going back.

[​IMG]
    x4

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    oh man, I hear that. Within 15-20 miles of me are at least 5 feedstores, that I know of. Thats why I ended up with a small flock of chickens, at the GF's reguest. But each store has their " fowl of the week", wether its guinnies or quails or peacocks, one store even had a few baby ostrich and emus(common here in Chicken Country. I went for the pheasant, verrry tasty and not so cute growing up.
    Feed stores know we cant resist

3. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I tried talking my wife into getting an ostrich and she thought i was crazy. Just think 1 egg could feed the whole family.

4. Marc33

Marc33 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2007
    Yep, our feed store had the most adorable polish chicks and before I even knew what I was doing, there I was in the chekcout line with 6 of them. Now I've got them separated because my larger group of chickens won't allow them into the flock. Oh well, they're still beautiful, and I probably would (and will) do it again!

5. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    Im gonna run back down to my usual FS for a coupla things right now then get started building a coop for myself. I hope I dont have to make it any bigger! you can see one I built in the coop area. Exactly how much sq footage does an ostrich need?[​IMG]

6. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

I have learned that I have to take limited money with me to pick up chicks at our local feed store or I go to pick 5 up and end up with 10. Heck last time I went to chicks I ended up with 4 ducklings too [​IMG] Just can resist the little ones [​IMG]

7. allig8r

allig8r Chillin' With My Peeps

I was in the Agway today and they had bantams, GFs and TONS of assorted hennies (and a stray rooster that got sent by mistake). I went in to replace my chick feeder and had to remind myself that I already have 9 hens and the coop due to arrive next week is only set to house 8. [​IMG]

Very addictive little "hobby" raising chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by